Trolling Charger:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
I've look at Basspro.com and found a few different on board chargers. They list Minn Kota, Guest, XPS(Bass Pro's). I was leaning toward a two bank Guest. Are they a good unit? The boat I purchased didn't have a on board charger, previous owner must of kept it. I'm starting to release that upgrading the boat to a true Bass boat is more then just the cost of the boat. A friend stated that owning a boat is like a black hole, always throwing money into it..

Buzz - I've got a Guest Charge Pro for my 1 trolling and 1 cranking batteries and she works like a charm. Guest service (Sue D.) has been nothing but superb. Have not had a problem (unit cost $99 at BPS) and Sue D. answered all of my questions via e-mail w/in 24hours of each question on operation. Definetly one of the "must haves" on the boat. I back her in the garage (my '92 saturn that will hit 100,000 miles when I take her in for service this weekend get's the driveway) I just lift the rear hatch and plug in after a trip.

Don't know about the other brands, but Guest has been good to me so far.

TrepMan

My vote would go for Guest. Have two of them. If you have an onboard charger and do have trouble with it, Guest is the one to have. Agree with TrepMan on the service.

Buzz,
I just installed the 2-bank XPS from BPS. They have a sale on it now for only $169. It's terrific and very easy to install and use. Light weight too. Which ever you choose, make sure it has up to 10 amps per bank. You won't regret it. Good luck.
Rob

Buzz,
My advice is that you make sure that the trolloing motor you have is powerful enough for the lakes you fish (on a windy day especially). You need to consider that if you possibly would want to upgrade to a 12/24 in th future, you might want to go ahead and get a three bank charger before you spend the money. Just a thought...
Tom

Tom, I took your advise an purchased a 3 Bank charger that puts out 10 amps per bank. I ended up purchaseing the Guest. Thanks for the advise.

Latest posts

Back