Trim Motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Elkins

Reaction score
HELP!!! I went to get my boat out of storage. It was stored with the motor trim ed all the way down and now it won't trim back up. The trim motor just whines when the switch is put in the up position. What could be wrong?

Thanks Bob. It's a 2000 model. I'll check the manual release valve. I remember seeing it when I was looking around. It's white plastic with a retainer clip showing?? If it is the check valve is that an expensive repair. I saw on the Merc Express Parts site that a new trim unit is around 6-7 hundred dollars.

This may be a stupid question so ignore it if it is, but have you checked to see that you have enough battery charge?

Jim

Thanks Jim. Could that be what it is? I never thought of that. I wish it would be something like that. Will definitely check it out tomorrow.

Would be kind like the "dumb" thing I done last spring. When hooking up my cranking battery I didn't connect the negative motor cable. The engine would spin but wouldn't start. Thankfully I found it before I took it in. That woulda really been embarrassing.

Update. Checked the battery and everything was ok there so I backed out the manual release valve screw and the motor finished dropping down about an inch or so. Then I worked the motor up and down a few times and tightened the screw back down. Seems to work fine now. Maybe it was where it just set all winter so close to the full down position. Anyway I hope that's all it was as it had never given me trouble before. Time will tell. Thanks for all the advice.

Latest posts

Back