Trim Indicator

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penhook

Reaction score
Just got a used 1998 Nitro Fish and Ski boat . When I trim the motor up the in dash indicator shows it going down. When I trim it down it shows going up on indicator. Could wires be reversed on back of the gage or at trim switch ?

@Penhook that sounds like it could very well be the case. I've not had that issue ever, but I've accidentally hooked my left turn signal on my trailer to my right. That did basically the same thing.

It should be an easy fix if that's the case. Let us know if that is what you find out.

you didn't say which motor you have on that boat. If its a Johnson/Evinrude, then it sounds like you have a Mercury trim gauge and if its a Mercury motor, then it sounds like you have a trim indicator gauge for Johnson/Evinrude - they work just the opposite of each other - verify what gauges you have on your motor.

Wow! I just learned something new. Love learning, specially for some of my old school friends. They think an outboard is a paddle. LOL!

I bet that's the problem. I have a Johnson motor on the boat. It was replaced before I got the boat. One of my friends owns a Nitro fish and ski was looking at the boat and said that some of the gages were not what came in the Nitro boats and had been changed . I have not really looked at who made the gage in my boat but will now that I know that could be the problem. Thanks

I just looked at the trim gage and only thing I saw was what looked like a Q in a small square box .on bottom of gage. I don't know if that means anything or not since I have not had a boat in years and am way behind on a lot of stuff.

have to look at the back of it and look up the number found on it, that should identify what its for, either Mercury or J/E

Latest posts

Back