Trim Gauge Problems

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warren

Reaction score
Hello all. On my 08 Nitro my trim gauge isn't working right. It worked fine last week but now the needle is bouncing around and not giving me a correct reading. Some times it works right, but most times it doesn't. I have checked the wires and find nothing pinched or broken. The sensor on the motor is tight. You can trim all the way down and the needle is at 3/4 let it sit and then after 5 or 10 min it will jump down to where it is suppose to be. Then it will work for a bit then it will not register right again. What do I need to look for ? Thank you.

Warren

Hello all. On my 08 Nitro my trim gauge isn't working right. It worked fine last week but now the needle is bouncing around and not giving me a correct reading. Some times it works right, but most times it doesn't. I have checked the wires and find nothing pinched or broken. The sensor on the motor is tight. You can trim all the way down and the needle is at 3/4 let it sit and then after 5 or 10 min it will jump down to where it is suppose to be. Then it will work for a bit then it will not register right again. What do I need to look for ? Thank you.

Warren
Warren, it could be time to replace a sticky gauge, it doesn't appear that it's a problem that's going away. Being a mechanical device it surely is subject to malfunction after time. I've recently seen a post made by Kirby stating the trim gauge is nothing but a reference, one should be relying on the feel.

Al

Attachments

• 20190410_134450.jpg
    20190410_134450.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back