Trep---Pike Shooting???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Trep,

I hear they have have a pike-shooting season in your neck of the woods....bean rifles and treestands???

Enlighten us please.

OK, Ken - I'll have to admit to my testosterone challenged board members that I DO NOT hunt! And the last Pike I saw was in Ontario in September (Picture below).
big_pike.jpg

Still can't those darn pics to open Trep, but come up for the rally and you'll see pike, Chasin you in that perch colored life vest that is. They used to shoot them up here too, with shotguns by spotlight! Just the percussion of the shot hitting the water near the fish would kill it. Illegal now. Old timers have some wild pics though of some BIG northern and muskie

Rob try this URL

http://www.geocities.com/mstrepper/big_pike.jpg

Hard to believe but that is just how I pictured you. I might have been in Rob's dream and didn't know it.

Da Bear

Hey TrepMan. Couldn't see your picture either then cut and pasted your URL then when I backed up to the message thread the picture was there back under your post. ??????

Don't ya love watchin' those toothy critters inhale your lure!

Very nice, Michael!

me!

Scott - Best one was I tried my 9 wieght fly rod out (Based on suggestions from this board on flies) and only caught one, but it was FUN!

Trep,..hate to inform you, but if you fish,......you're HUNTIN'!! LOL Atleast I'm huntin' fer toads everytime i go!! LOL

Never tried one on a fly rod - that has GOT to be FUN! But right now I've only got one - and it's a 5 weight, 8 1/2'. Great for trout - but I think a little light for pike!

Had a Cabela's 7', 5 weight that I loved - but I left it on top of my car one day after wading the Meramec River...... Drove off and never saw it again. Never got around to building another.

If any of you want to have some winter fun - try building your own rod! Cabela's has some really great materials at a very reasonable price!

me!

Latest posts

Back