transom repair 190 tf

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koot koot

Reaction score
I've got a 94 190tf that I bought new, been a good boat for almost 20 yrs but I got to noticing the transom was flexing a good bit so after some internet research it seems about half of it is rotten I think its been leaking from the tie down loop, sounds hollow when tapping from the outside and feels spongy from the inside. I'm thinking about trying seacast to fix it? I'm looking at buying a new boat in a year or so and don't want to dump a bunch of money in this one thanks for any advice.

Did the seacast repair was pretty easy to do took about 20hrs labor had it out 3 times so far since the repair seems better than new no problems so far

Good to hear. I'll be doing the same with my Nitro 175 FS this fall.

Did you chainsaw the wood out? What did you cut the top cap fiberglass with?

I did use a chainsaw for most of the wood also a 1" paddle bit with an ext. on it. For the top cap I used a side grinder with a zizz wheel or speedy cut wheel basically the thinnest disc you can find also a shop vac is a must

i just did my transom with nida bond (they say its 10% lighter than wood), it pours like pancake batter very easy, removing the wood, first i tried a chain saw then angle iron sharpened like a chisel, worked for two days. then i rented a 6000 lb pressure washer to remove the wood in less than four hours i was done. just a heads up it makes a mess do it out in the open and use safety glasses.

So, basically, you are taking the wood out of the transom from the top? Sounds challenging, but obviously a huge savings versus having a boat yard do it.

I just looked up Seacast on the net and read the instruction manual. Very cool stuff.

Latest posts

Back