Transducer placement on Tracker V175?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcast

Reaction score
Good morning all, new here. I purchased a new Tracker V175 last November and have replaced electronics an trolling motor. All is finished except installing the transducer for the console mounted Helix Humminbird. The location of the transducer of the Lowrance that was on boat seems too close to motor. You Just wondering if anybody out there can shed som light on this. I was thinking of moving it out to the next”step”. Any tracker owners have thoughts on this?1st pic was where original transducer was, 2nd pic is where I m thinking of putting new one.
B6AE2106-83B7-47D3-BB73-620105CF48E7.jpeg
1374BC6B-E8F2-437C-A0AC-FE4A89B7CC6E.jpeg

I mounted my high speed transducer at the second chine on the port side and my side veiw at the location where the lowrance stock transducer was. My third is down veiw and is a part of my terrove. All seem to be working well. Hope this helps you.

Which one of the many dozen Helix units do you have?

Wayne I installed a Helix 9, Mega side and down imaging+ G4N

Since you don't have a jack plate, the SI transducer should to the left of the bunk in your first picture or even close to the livewell intake screen and above the hull bottom. AND that transducer doesn't do well at "high speed" so you should use a XNT 9 HW on the other side of the keel at a similar location with it and the SI transducer connected to the display with the 9 M SIDB Y cable. Adjust the smaller XNT transducer for high speed performance. The SI transducer would provide SI/DI at idle speed.

Maybrfd,
thanks for the reply.
I wanted to move it out to second step/chine, just didn’t know if there was a reason the stock transducer was so close. Boat was advertised to run 45 mph ripens, I have the 115hpProXS., we wii see what it does.

Since you don't have a jack plate, the SI transducer should to the left of the bunk in your first picture or even close to the livewell intake screen and above the hull bottom. AND that transducer doesn't do well at "high speed" so you should use a XNT 9 HW on the other side of the keel at a similar location with it and the SI transducer connected to the display with the 9 M SIDB Y cable. Adjust the smaller XNT transducer for high speed performance. The SI transducer would provide SI/DI at idle speed.

Ok , appreciate the info, thanks. Maiden voyage soon!

Wayne,
I don’t have a “step” like the one pictured.
Also, I understand that I won’t have side imaging at speed. If I don’t have down imaging at speed that is ok also. I didn’t realize DI was affected by speed As Long as I have 2D sonar and have an accurate depth indication is all I am concerned about. I had a 16ft tracker with Si and DI and at 30 mph I had a reading, so I am going with the location circled in my second pic. Also, I won’t put it directly to the hull, I will put a transducer mounting plate on first.
It will be between the 2 bunks on starboard side. Appreciate your comments and assistance.

It's the SIZE and SHAPE of the transducer that makes it tough to get on-plane 2D/Depth. That is why you add the smaller 2D-only transducer.

I mounted my high speed transducer at the second chine on the port side and my side veiw at the location where the lowrance stock transducer was. My third is down veiw and is a part of my terrove. All seem to be working well. Hope this helps you.
I'll try to get you some photos of mine today. We had some mild wind yesterday, so only hitting 36mph, but the high speed was working fine. In the morning no fish and still water was at 42mph good results on the high speed. I also am running a whale tail.

I have both the Lowrance 3+1 and the Split Shot transducers on the back of my boat. I have the 3+1 mounted at the original Tracker factory location and the Split Shot mounted at the 2nd chine. I can read both up to 29 mph.
DSCN2640.JPG

Well guys, I put transducer mounting plate on and installed my SI+ and DI
46CC5ECD-C231-46A6-854B-62820BFF3B62.jpeg
4959D75C-B277-48C3-A9C3-9F2A610F1263.jpeg
transducer on and went for a couple test trips on Lake Erie last week. I chose the spot that I originally wanted to put it, and it works fine. Had a reading at max speed of 43 mph.

I like the use of what looks like a non-metallic board to mount the transducer bracket. Avoids the electroless issue. What material did you use for that?

It is King board. I actually bought it that size, about 10 bucks. Came with 2 screws for mounting. Siliconed around entire edge and the 2 screw holes. Can get them at Cabelas or most tackle/boat places. Couple different sizes. Just called a transducer mounting plate.

Back