Transducer placement on a 1997 nitro 700lx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

largeassbass

Reaction score
Any one know the best place to put the humminbird xhs 9 hdsi 180 transducer on a 1997 nitro 700lx with a double step down
20220620_111859.jpgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

I can't put anything off the bottom of the hull- it would get ripped off. I use the second step with no problem but you won't have a reading as you introduce air at the second step, under the transducer, coming up to speed.

I can't put anything off the bottom of the hull- it would get ripped off. I use the second step with no problem but you won't have a reading as you introduce air at the second step, under the transducer, coming up to speed.
Could i put it on that back step where i have a line up from the drain?

I'm thinking that you will not have enough clearance between the engine lower unit and the transducer (transducer will set back off the step some) in the center- I see a line off center on the starboard side (right) that will place the transducer away from the lower unit while operating the engine at its lowest position.

Could i put it on that back step where i have a line up from the drain?
Unless you need to use this will running at plaining speeds, you will do well to place the transducer off that third step. Here it will stay clear of any obstructions (damage). That second level will only give you a slight advantage when underway with the big motor. Those transducers/cables are expensive, as you know, and I've had no problems even in stumpy and brushy areas. remember that you may need to operate in reverse now and then in shallow water perhaps. That could do damage.
Im speaking from experience here in Louisiana waters... might not be so bad where you are...

I installed my Humminbird Mega DI/SI transducer here (see photos) on my 1999 700 LX. I have a second finder I use on plane. I do not get a signal on plane with this placement. That's fine as I use this for idling around 4-6 mph prospecting areas I want to fish. The placement protects the transducer from objects that might hit it, which is great. As other's have said, just install clear of your tie downs and trailer bunks.
IMG_3215.jpeg
IMG_3216.jpeg

Latest posts

Back