Trailer Tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James D.

Reaction score
Just got a new set of tires for the trailer. Replaced the regular ply tracker tires with the radial towmaster brand of tires. Was told by the goodyear shop that these have the same type tread pattern as the marathons. There is a world of difference of how the trailer tows. The trailer used to ride pretty rough bouncing up on bumps in the road. The new radials pretty much absord the shock and don't make the trailer bounce. they sure ride smooth with the amount of air pressure (50psi). would have done this sooner if I had realized the difference it would make. Looking forward to tryin them out at 75mph on the way to lake fork this weekend.

jd

How come your going to be driving so slow? Is the motor on your Dodge going out on ya? ;>))

BTW-- is one of your old tires worthy of being mounted as a spare?

Harpo

Where did you purchase the Towmasters and how much were they? My guess is that Towmasters are made by Goodyear. What size are they?

Plain Bill,

I bought the Towmasters at a local goodyear tire shop. Was looking for the marathons but would have had to wait to have them shipped in. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but I think they are ST 175/80R13 (same size that was on it before) except that they are radial. I believe that the towmasters are either made by goodyear or distributed by them. I think they were $59 per tire. I paid $150 for the tires, mouunting, balancing, and stems. This price may or may not be high, but I wanted them now and didn't want to wait. I think I have seen these advertised in BPS or Cabelas also. They look like a real good tire. I took it out on the interstate for a couple miles just to see how it would run, and I really liked the way they track and keep the trailer on the road instead of bouncing around. remarkable difference from what I had. I've never changed tires on a trailer or auto before and noticed such a difference.

Soonerfan - the old tires were worn and the tread was cupped so I let the shop have them. I already have a spare. (If you don't leave an hour late, you don't have to drive so fast? :^))

J.D.-- I'll be an hour late to my own death. I've got a plan for getting out of work real early though. Got an estimate to do at Lake Eufala. I'll take it Friday morning, Get Andy out of school early, hook up the Super Soaker, go do the estimate then keep on heading south. Should get me to Lake Fork by early afternoon. What a plan.

Harpo

Soonerfan,

I shouldn't have any trouble gettin off work and plan to leave around 6:00 in the morning. after gettin licenses and findin the house, we should be fishin by noon. I guess you are going to take the I-40 route to hiway 69? I'm going to try the I-35 route & then over to bentonville or whatever like we discussed. hope the weather is good and look forward to seein ya.

jd

Latest posts

Back