TRAILER RUSTING FROM DAY ONE (1)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONAOL

Reaction score
The trailer I got with my 2021 Nitro Z19 Sport has been internally rusting since day one. Anyone have any ideas or the same problems No Salt water use, Hundreds of miles from the Ocean. The trailer paper work states that the internal tube is coated to protect from rusting. It's getting worst. UPDATE: Have filed a second incident report with Nitro - White River Marine. They will have my local Tacker Marine Service Center inspect the trailer and wheels this spring after it comes out of store.

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0597.JPG
    IMG_0597.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Rusting Trailer rim 6.JPG
    Rusting Trailer rim 6.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 12
  • Rusting Trailer spare rim 3.JPG
    Rusting Trailer spare rim 3.JPG
    226.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Rusting Trailer rim 4.JPG
    Rusting Trailer rim 4.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 12
I looked at my Tracker trailer for the same issues your having, I did not find any indication of rust. I live approx 40 miles from the Gulf Of Mexico, and have never put the boat in salt water or even brackish waters. I don't know how Tracker applies their coatings to the trailers, It seem impossible to coat the interior without dipping the whole trailer. In your case I would look for a Rust Inhibitor that could be sprayed into the tubes of the trailer.

It’s obvious that you have not raise enough hell with tracker, they should have used stainless steel u-bolts. Trust me it will continue to rust if you don’t address it. Sorry about the issue.

Tracker service center said they could do nothing about it at this time. (May 21) Nitro - White River Marine have done nothing and no longer respond to my complaints. They got the same pictures I posted here. I appreciate the responses. I guess it’s “Buyer Be Ware” because White River Marine doesn’t seem to care. At least about this customer. UPDATE: The local Tracker Marine Service center will inspect my trailer and wheel rusting problem this coming spring and go from there.

Tracker service center said they could do nothing about it at this time. (May 21) Nitro - White River Marine have done nothing and no longer respond to my complaints. They got the same pictures I posted here. I appreciate the responses. I guess it’s “Buyer Be Ware” because White River Marine doesn’t seem to care. At least about this customer. UPDATE: The local Tracker Marine Service center will inspect my trailer and wheel rusting problem this coming spring and go from there.
UPDATE: The wheels and trailer rust will be fixed in a few weeks thru warranty. (Apr 22)

Latest posts

Back