Trailer Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason J.

Reaction score
So, I have read a lot of posts over the past few years about uneven tire wear. The most common response seems to be that the axle is out of alignment or its a bad spindle.

My question is, if you did have a bad spindle or axle out of alignment, would the trailer still track straight behind your tow vehicle or would it pull to one side slightly?

BTW I don't have any issues with my trailer after I DX'ed he trail america tires for a good set of goodyears.

Depends upon how it is bent. I had one that would oscillate back and forth behind the truck about 6 or 7 inches. You could see it in the rear view mirror as it went back and forth.

That is most often caused by bad hitch height but it can be a bad axle/spindle/tire or boat position on the trailer. When towing you have to use the right hitch height to keep the trailer level.

As soon as I punted those useless trail america via china tires, and then fitted a set of Yokohamas, my trailer is perfect, look in my library if you want to see how bad trail maerica tires can be with only 500 miles on them.

Latest posts

Back