trailer bunk spray slick stuff

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
Hey guys - I just want to tell the new boat owners on this forum (and remind the rest of us) to be VERY careful with the new spray-on products that apply a "slick" coating to the bunk boards for easy loading and unloading of your boat. One quick "spot" spray every 20" on your carpeted boards is MORE then enough! I'm still living with the problem from last year when I (like an idiot) saturated all the boards with this stuff. When you back down the ramp your boat WILL release if not secured by a tight strap, and WILL release the boat once you unhook the strap. (Wave bye-bye, and get ready to swim, on a steep ramp). I've tried to scrub the stuff off the bunks but it lasts a LONG time! (2 years now). A tiny bit is ok, a lot is not.

Been there - done that and I hope to save somebody else the heartburn I've endured.

Yeah, I've seen a few boats dumped on the concrete too. I've never even given a thought to using spray or slicks.

I use spray, but I am normally by myself, my strap stays on until I am ready to unload. One ramp that I use is gravel, so all the help I can get I will take.

This thread reminds me of my Junior Prom. I can't remember if I used Armor All or wax on the backseat of my 67 Skylark, but when I rounded a corner, my buddy and his date slid across the seat. Well, I have some chores to do so I'm off like a prom dress!

Latest posts

Back