trailer bearings

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Butler

Reaction score
I have a trailstar trailer with a spindle lube axle. 1st.Question do i have to repack these bearings or do they repack them selves as the grease is forced out the front of the bearing. 2nd.question can i used a pressure gun to grease bearings or is it better to grease by hand. Thanks in advance for any advice

Dave

best thing they made so far.they repack themselves as you put grease into them.i spin the wheel as i pack them,watching for good grease to come out.then give it a few extra squirts.

ive never used a pressure gun,air operated one on it.ifigure it might blow the seal out,and if you have brakes on the trailer.you would not see it till its too late.brakes arent cheap unless you can cross them over to a car,which on my trailer is a ford,rear brakes.

use the hand gun,it gives you better control over the grease going in.i also found them little rubber plugs tend to go bye bye if you put too much grease in them,so i changed mine out for bearing buddies,and have not regretted it.it takes a few extra min. to grease them,but no water gets into it.

Latest posts

Back