Trailer Bearing Recall

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've replaced trailer bearings before and I think it's necessary for others farther away from the service center. Examine the bearings, wheel hub, and other components of your boat trailer in the product description or user manual. It will help you stay on top of necessary and timely maintenance, such as bearing replacement.

I'm one of the unlucky owners. I've now had my boat and trailer for just over a year. On the highway I had a bearing failure damaging the axel. Bass Pro has now had my boat for 5 weeks and just informed me that they will not cover the repair under warranty.

Was your trailer bearings serviced during the recall? If so it would seem to still be under the warranty. Did you contact White River Marine? If so what was their response.

I purchased the boat in Tennessee and drove it home to Texas. Upon getting the recall letter I took it to my local Bass Pro and without even looking at it they told me I wouldn't have any problems with them because if they were going to fail it would be within the first 150 miles. I have less than 1000 miles on the trailer now. Just today I was informed that it wouldn't be covered under warranty. My next step is to get with White River Marine. This trailer has now been in the shop almost 5 weeks.

Since the service center didn’t follow thru and inspect the trailer as required in the recall it seems that they are at fault and negligent. Still don’t understand how it’s not covered under warranty being new. I would never trust that service center again. File a complaint with the BBB. Sorry for the inconvenience and hassle your going thru.

Since the service center didn’t follow thru and inspect the trailer as required in the recall it seems that they are at fault and negligent. Still don’t understand how it’s not covered under warranty being new. I would never trust that service center again. File a complaint with the BBB. Sorry for the inconvenience and hassle your going thru.
In the letter you received it lists the process of filing a complaint about that specific recall. I would first contact WRMG and let them know what was done and then file a complaint with the NHTSA!

Well there has been a lot that has happened since I made my post. First off the trailer cost me just over 1700$ to have fixed. Had a new axle put under the trailer. Nothing was covered under warranty. Second and now biggest thing is while in their possession the boat was broken into the week of July 4th and was basically stripped. Only thing left was the trolling motor, drivers seat and passenger seat and dash console. I have now have an attorney involved. This will be my last dealing with Bass Pro.

Wow that’s terrible. Hard to believe that Bass Pro doesn’t pay for all this loss. It’s just a write off for them. I guess they think it’s better to let the public know if it goes to court. Good luck I hope you get a big settlement and they pay for the axle too.

22 Nitro Z20. I've had 3 of 4 wheel bearings go and I've replaced both axles.

Well there has been a lot that has happened since I made my post. First off the trailer cost me just over 1700$ to have fixed. Had a new axle put under the trailer. Nothing was covered under warranty. Second and now biggest thing is while in their possession the boat was broken into the week of July 4th and was basically stripped. Only thing left was the trolling motor, drivers seat and passenger seat and dash console. I have now have an attorney involved. This will be my last dealing with Bass Pro.
They can have signs up and say we are not responsible for loss of your property but…. I had an airplane about 20 years ago that was damaged while being maintenance at the maintenance shop to the tune of $188,000 worth of damage. Lots of lawyers got involved, I’m not a lawyer, but basically we just had to prove who had- care, custody & control of the property. I d

Did you call your insurance company and let them get involved .

With all being said here, don't be fooled by the 100,000 mile no maintenance on the Vault Hubs on the trailers. I annually pump fresh grease from Lucas Marine, into the hubs and push out the old grease until new grease shows. Remember to rotate tire while pumping grease in. Some of the old grease has been black in color, some has been a dark green shade. only tighten the caps if plastic, finger tight and then maybe a 1/8 of a turn more or less. This is on a 2019 Z20.

Latest posts

Back