Tracking A Leaking Drain Line.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proc

Reaction score
1997 nitro 700 LX
1. I’ve filled the bottom of the boat with water, had no leaks.
I plugged the live well discharge from outside the boat (while on the trailer). Then plugged the front live well and filled it with water.
Leaving the live well discharge plugged from the outside. I pulled the front wells plug allowing it to drain.
I got water in the bilge in just a few seconds.
I plan to leave the well discharge plugged while on the lake. If no water enters the boat it must be the drain line between the wells. Wouldn’t you think?
I feel the drain line was allowed the freeze between the front & back live wells.

Has anyone run into this?
If so, What can be done to fix it?

I had a similar problem on my 911 CDC. Turned out one of my fill lines had a crack in it after the winter. In the short term (until I stopped being lazy and fixed it). I kept my livewells plugged so no water came in. Replacing the cracked line was easy...getting to the cracked line...not so much.

I had a similar problem on my 911 CDC. Turned out one of my fill lines had a crack in it after the winter. In the short term (until I stopped being lazy and fixed it). I kept my livewells plugged so no water came in. Replacing the cracked line was easy...getting to the cracked line...not so much.

I was looking at pulling the fuel tank. Getting it out of the way. I could then reach the bottom of the rear live well.
Am I going to find a T fitting below the rear well?
I may disconnect the front well for now.
How did you remove the line to the front well? And then replace it?

I got lucky. I didn't have to pull the fuel tank. My crack was close to the pump so I was able to cut into the line and put in a fitting and clamp it on both sides. The difficulty was in the design of the back end of the 911. I had to remove the battery, the onboard charger, and the piece of plastic they sat on, which covered the areas where the pumps (5 of them) sat. Then had to basically unwire and remove two of the pumps to get to the one I needed to get to. I'm pretty sure Nitro put those pumps in a box...and then built the boat around them.

I got lucky. I didn't have to pull the fuel tank. My crack was close to the pump so I was able to cut into the line and put in a fitting and clamp it on both sides. The difficulty was in the design of the back end of the 911. I had to remove the battery, the onboard charger, and the piece of plastic they sat on, which covered the areas where the pumps (5 of them) sat. Then had to basically unwire and remove two of the pumps to get to the one I needed to get to. I'm pretty sure Nitro put those pumps in a box...and then built the boat around them.

I hope to have time this weekend to work on it. I’d really rather be fishing. Another season with this leaking isn’t an option.

Similar problem here. Searched and searched finally found a crack in the drain valve. One of the plastic outlet tubes had cracked near the body of the valve. Couldn't see it until I removed it. Of course this requires two left hands and dentist mirror........what a pain in the ass.

Latest posts

Back