Trackersux has a Bad Attitude

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Meyer

Reaction score
I don't know about of the rest of you, but I have been reading comments today from this trackersux, who appears to be a non-member with a really bad negative attitude toward Tracker (Obviously from the name.) If he had anything worthwhile to say in context along with his negative comments, I for one would listen to what he has to say, but he needs to keep it with constructive ends in mind. So Trackersux, if you continue to use this forum, use it with that in mind. Thank you.

trakersux,

I think you are bordering on "personal attacks will not be tolerated".

Trackersux,

Now I am a man of my word, now that you have gotten to the constructive part of your criticism, we can have an real conversation. I am very disturbed by what you are saying, I sincerely hope that your post is a hoax. But, if you do work there, you would know more than I would. I am curious, I live in Springfield and know some people at Bass Pro, do you work directly for Nathan Long or do you work in another dept? How big is the area you work, and you say most of the people there laugh at our posts here, how many, what percentage would you say have this terrible attitude? When you say you are pretty high up in the warranty dept, that means you would know these things. Please respond, I for one am very interested, and I believe if you are going to make what I feel are rather bold statements that you have, you should have some evidence to support what you have said. Thank you for responding to my original post.

-Carl

A man of integrity, whom is as upset about providing service as you say you are, would quit right now.

Copy some of the "problem" issues you say "come across your desk" and tuck them away to insure you don't get sued. If you are upset about all of this, come out of the "non-member" closet you're in and help out the people on this board. That should help salve your conscience somewhat.

Bill

It's early Sunday morning..... This is the very first post I've had a chance to read..... But I, too, would be very interested in what you have to say, Trackersux..... But please, although I haven't had time to read your other posts, please keep it constructive and informative - not in an abusive vein..... Thank you!

me!

P.S.

A first step to having the members of this board treat you with respect would be to change your screen name..... "Formertrackeremp" or "Formercustservrep" or "Insider" would work nicely! :)

Ladies, Gentleman and Tracker/Nitro Owners. This smells like a hoax or troll. If Trackersux is high up in the warranty dept, why can he not get his claim taken care of? This makes no sense to me, also based on the language trackersux has used in his/her posts this person does not come accross as a professional in the Tracker Org. rather just a disgruntle consumer or employee in some other role in the company, but not in the CS dept.

I may be completly offbase, but just my observation, as for myself and Tracker marine I have only had to deal with warranty once in 99 on my 700 LX and the company replaced my hull, I had a solution within 24 hours. So far with my 04 NX , not a problem to speak of.

Love my Nitro, Keep up the good work Tracker.

Brian, I didn't see anything about the person having a warranty problem themselves..... Did I miss something?

If Trackersux says that the people at Tracker read this board, by giving hints as to what he does there, he/she could be doing himself some real harm and be loosing their job before he/she finds another job. I've been a disgruntled employee myself in more than one occasion. However, I've always attempted to protect myself from harm before opening my mouth so I didn't stick my foot into it. So Trackersux, if you are in a position that you say you are, be careful what you write.

No matter what business that you are in, you will encounter problems and unhappy customers. I'm sure that Tracker is no different. While there are currently a few posts that stress warranty problems, there are success stories around too. I bought my Tracker in 98. Around that time Tracker used to have a message board on their site. Do any of you remember this? The comments there made the BFHP sound like a bunch of novices when it came to bashing Tracker/Nitro. Instead of listening to these people, I talked to people that owned boats similar to mine and still bought one. Yes, I did encounter some delivery problems. Yes, it took me a few weeks to get them resolved. Am I satisfied, YES I AM. Would I buy another boat from Tracker/Nitro when I am ready, I may. If for no other reason, it will be cause of how they treated me with customer service. I'm sure that a lot of things have changed there since 1998. However, they will at least get a chance.

I've never had a problem with my old NITRO so I haven't had the pleasure to deal with Tracker on any warranty issues. Since joining this site I've heard of numerous horror stories about getting anything fixed from Tracker. It was one of the reasons I choose a different brand of boat this year and will probably never own a NITRO again. I had a good experience with them but some of the other major manufacturers have better customer service and still consider the customer to be their top priority instead of cost first. Without the customer you can't stay in business very long. I once considered buying a 929 but it looks like my next boat will be a TR-21 after I sell my TR-186 in a few years. Sorry to say it but I love my Toon! I love this site for all the good people and information even though I don't own a Tracker product anymore. I think what you posted has some truth to it and would like to hear more about their view of "satisfying the customer". I hope your experience and view is not the vision the powers to be at Tracker have for the future.

Me! I was trying to say that if he is with Tracker Warranty / CS Dept. and he/she is pretty high up in that dept. why can he/she not get Jacks ( i think that was his name ) warranty looked into. Sorry it did not come accross that way, my mind was thinking one thing and my fingers were typing something else. I have updated my post. Sorry to confuse the issue. Blame it on a Sunday morning brain meltdown.

LOL!! There is something about a Sunday morning after a Saturday night.....

Me! I hear that. BTW, anyone out there with weed problems in the yard. Here is a warning, DO NOT USE Ortho Weed be Gone. If your yard has St. Augustine ( floritam ). It will toast your grass, and does not do such a good job getting rid of the weeds. I just found out from personal experience.

I must chime in on this one, whether or not anyone cares to hear my opinion.

First, I agree with Brian, this sounds like a troll.

Second, me! is correct, it starts with the dealer.

I was the GM of Bass Pro/Tracker Marine Group in Detroit for several years, and dealt with the warranty dept. on a daily basis.

Nathan Long, Justin Maples and the entire crew were always courteous, professional, and worked hard to get issues resolved.

Were they perfect? No, but no company is.

Are their products top-notch all around?

No, but no companies is...you get what you pay for, and Tracker/Nitro markets some of the most affordable packages in the industry.

How do you keep costs low? One way is to use less expensive materials. It's a fact of business life and many companies do this.

The key to getting warranty issues resolved is to start with a good attitude and find a GOOD DEALER who will go to bat for you.

In a perfect world, you would just come in with a claim and they would fix it, clean and detail your boat and have it back to you in 6 hours, but we don't live in that world, folks.

I helped many people on this board get warranty issues resolved, from all parts of the country, who were not my customers, and Tracker worked with me on each and everyone regardless.....it's all in how it's handled by the dealer.

If all else fails, then you take a course of action similar to what Greg is suggesting.

One last thing, listen to the advice here....keep it constructive and helpful or get off the board.

"And that's the truth..... Pf-f-f-ft-t-t-t!"
Web%20Cam%20ala%20Neeley.jpg

We don't get too many here, but it's pretty obviously a 'troll'. Probably someone who didn't get what they wanted, and is trying to trash folks.

Ignore it.

Tex

I don't see any Trackersux comments yet. We'll see if we have called his/her bluff.

-Carl Meyer

This guy doesn't work for them. He's full of crap. If he did they could figure out who he is in a heartbeat if this site is in any way monitered by Tracker. This wouldn't be making too good of a work environment for him. Hey, all companies have issues. I'm sure Tracker has many also. I'm willing to believe there are many in management there that have no idea to what it takes to make an aluminum or fiberglass boat. Probably have no desire to what it takes. They are just there drawing a paycheck week to week. These empty chairs are in every large business today. Every customer is not 100% satisfied. I am willing to bet a large number of Tracker/Nitro owners had a problem or two to be resolved. I know I did. They were taken care of as best as possible. It was taken care of and it is your own choice if you continue to support Tracker/Nitro products or not. There are many, many choices for the boater and fisherman. You have to weigh up price, quality, what is affordable, how much will it be used in a year, what will best suite your needs. The issues I don't like about my Tracker I feel would be with any similar mfg.. The construction is the same as other mfg.. I would and most likely buy another Tracker/Nirto.

Mike, your 100% correct, this does below over on BFHP, "Home of the Troll"

I agree with Ken totally, it all starts with the dealer. My personal experience with tracker has been a good one. My boat was sent back to the factory and repaired within a reasonable time frame and to my complete satisfaction. Marine USA who is my dealer kept me informed every step of the way and it was a pretty painless process, all done in the fishing off season. I firmly believe that because i have a great dealer in my area that my experience was a good one. I also know where my next boat is going to come from no matter what brand it is. I also know for a fact that no matter what brand of boat a bed dealer can make it a nightmare to own, i have some horror stories from friends who own other brands that have had them, one has a ranger the other a triton. Ranger, Triton, Champion, Nitro it dosent matter it all starts with the dealer.

I disagree to some extent with Ken and Jim B about the dealer being so important. With Nitro, you have a lot of "factory-owned" dealers. To me, this is a negative. From my understanding, one of their sales managers (at a company owned dealership) was a little too worried about helping the customer out (rather than trying to deny every claim), that it cost him his job. To me, this speaks VOLUMES.

Mike Snow,

This is interesting.Explain this story a little bit more about the sales manager too worried to help a customer and lose his job. Thanks.

-Carl

Snow,

That story sounds real familiar but I believe it was a General Manager.

And only about 10%-15% of Tracker stores are factory owned.

Warranty on a 2004 Nitro 929 CDX.

My personal experiance has been nothing short of amazing.

I love my dealer. They rock!

When you call you are greated by the most professional lady on the phone. Her name is Nicole. She is SOOO nice to me when I called in a few times.

Then let me tell you about Kathy. I had a warranty issue with a seat. Not a problem at all. They ordered a new seat without even blinking a eye.

I had a issue with the Alternator not charging the main battery. I stopped by the dealer on the way home from a fishing trip. 1pm on a Saturday. They were so awesome to deal with. I left the boat and expected it to take several days to get fixed. Well, Nicole called me within like 45 minutes. "Mr. Kish, your boat is all set" In fact, since the main battery had drained down several times to the point of being dead, Jerry told me when I arrived to pick up the boat. "Bill, I had the main battery replaced with a new one". I was like wow!

I bought my Nitro as it was the nicest boat for the money. I do not regret for one minute my choice of boats. I would like to move to a Ranger Boat one day. However, my 929 is awesome!

Bill

Mike let me give you some examples of why i think the dealer is important.

1) my last boat, a Champion. A company regarded VERY highly form a customer service standpoint. I had some issues with the rigging as well as some components on the boat like the seats being of crappy quality with not nough foam and the carpet not being glued down in spots. The dealer sucked, never got the problems fixed the whole time i owned the boat. Did Champion care? nope not one bit and neither did the dealer. I ended up having to buy a new fuel guage and tach out of my own pocket and reglue the rug down. Never did get the seat resolved. Stuff like that sucks when you buy a brand new boat.

2) A guy in my club and his Ranger another company regarded as possibly the BEST when it comes to customer service. He cracked his transom on a rough day on Winni in NH. He also busted the tilt bracket on the motor because of the transom. His dealer also sucked and has a so-so rep locally, the boat was at ranger for months, they didnt want to fix it. He had to threaten a lawsuit and finally got his boat back haf-a** fixed and it looks like crap. Merc honored thier warranty on the motor no issue thru a different dealer.

3) a guy iun my local fed, a fishing buddy of mine owns a triton magnum 186 tin. Triton is yet another company highly regarded in the customer service arena. He caved the front of the hull in on a wave. His dealer sucked and has a very bad rep locally, they sat on it for a long time and did nothing. Finally the boat went back to triton and came back with the dent banged out and nothing more. It looked like the bottom of an egg crate it was so dented. Off to triton again for trip number two, they returned it with a big aluminum plate welded over the damage to just cover it up. Needless to say this caused some major performance problems. after phone calles to triton from a guy in my club that is sponsored by them as well as letters from a lawyer they finally gave him a new hull. He had to pay to have his motor and accessories re-rigged to the tune of 900 bucks because triton wouldnt pay for it. Thats what i call customer service :(

4) My current boat a Nitro. A company that dosent have the best rep in the biz. I had some hull problems last year. My local dealer has a good reputation for service and has always without fail delievered for me. I took it to the dealer where the problem was accessed within 1 week and a plan of action worked out between the dealer, nitro and myself within the next week. The boat was returned back the the factory, repaired and returned in two months just in time for the upcoming fishing season. I was never without the boat for any period of time when i could have been fishing. The boat was repaired with zero hassle on my part and the repairs are flawless. Great customer service from Tracker as well as my dealer.

Sorry for the long winded post but i needed to illustrate my point. It all begins at the dealer regardless of brand. If the dealer dosent care the MFG wont either, it works the same way with cars. Im not saying that tracker has the best costomer service but because i have a dealer that cares they delievered for me. Now why did these other guys and myself when dealing with other brands get the shaft? i firmly believe its because of the dealers involved.

Typical BS troll....Looks like some of tha crap that floats around on the "other" board:)

Whoever it is ...they're young and stupid;(

Carl, it wasn't that the employee was too worried about his job to help the customer... he was too worried about the customer and THAT cost him his job. At least, that is my understanding.

I can't remember the guy's name... It wasn't Cam Neeley nor Ken Hitchcock... hmmm, who could it be... ??? :)

I'm still sayin' it's somebody young...Stupid SOB can't spell Tracker for one:)

Could you have a look at the information below and see if you can help Jack. This is a good opportunity for us to hear the "Rest of the Story". If you read the site, you may already be aware of Jack's issue of Rotted Plywood and the Tracker Marine response. Maybe his post is a Troll as well, but maybe not.

Well, you guys were right. Tracker Marine isn't going to honor the written warranty on my 92 Pro 17 wood deck that was warranted for life. Sent them a nice letter with all the documentation from the brochure, warranty card, sales receipt, etc. asked for a dealer to take the boat to so they could verify the rot developing under the seat pedestal. Waited two months for an answer, then sent a follow-up to a name I picked up on this board of some woman in customer service. Finally received a letter yesterday from a Jason Hargus. It says the warranty is honored by the plywood manufacturer and suggested I send my request to Georgia Pacific Corp. I have copies of the three letters I have sent to Tracker and will happily e-mail them to any of you who might be interested. In my last letter, sent today, I point our that the last line on the warranty card for the wood deck clearly states to send any warranty complaints to Tracker, not to Georgia Pacific. What a lousy bunch to do business with.

Mr. Long -

A few years ago, you and I had some exchanges..... I'm afraid they weren't very friendly ones. I posted about them here on the board.

I would like to publically apologize to you.

It would appear that you have made many changes. You have listened in to what we have to say. I thank you!

My attitude has changed somewhat as well.

Sincerely,

me!

Staci Matheis

303 Village Drive

Glen Carbon, Illinois 62034

618-288-5041

I too believe that if Jack's problem is real and it plays out here we would be interested in the rest of the story. Not just in a resolution for Jack... But a resolution of the underlying "problem" that he should have NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES gotten the initial response...referring him to the plywood manufacturer. The sale of a new Tundra 21 Tournament, awaits...

Nathan, if you follow the board, Greg Meyer is quite serious..... I know him, have fished with him and consider him to be an honest and decent person.

(Remembering that "honest" and "decent" are relative terms! :))

nathan,if you follow the board,then you should make this right,bad publicity is not good for a company as a whole,and not honoring a warranty is like spitting in the face of the consumer.this man bought the boat new,so his warranty should be in full effect as to the rot under the pedistals,so what is the problem with honoring written warranty?did you send everyone who still origionally owns boats they bought new an updated warranty card on there wood decks?if so i didnt recieve one,and probaly no one else did!so the origional warranty is in effect.

im almost over how you and your warranty department people handled my boat.the quality of work was substandard,and to say the least not impressed by it at all.but considering the gouges in the side of the hull can no longer be seen today when it was repaired in 99 says a lot for me who origionally owns the boat.the decks are still the way your people chewed the holes out to pull them up and shoving screws in the holes which were not holding anything shows a lack or pride in ones work ethics,and to let it out the door like this says mountains on the calibre of service given.i also have 1 rivet popped in the hull right now,one that your service people bucked tighter and should have been replaced due to being stressed already,rivets when rebucked ares stressed and have lost all tensile strength and should be replaced,not rebucked.i will fix my rivet problem and decks myself,since i will not have my boat worked on by your facility or any tracker dealer in my area due to dealings with him in the past,and his quality of work is substandard to say the least.

as anyone here who has seen my boat can say i do take care of it and it looks good,but will i buy another one,no i will not.will i recommend the boat to people,no.

there is a recall on the seat pedistals in my boat and gregs boat,yet i have heard nothing on it,i had to replace one due to the welds cracking which is what the recall is on.when i brought it up to your warranty people,they had no clue on it.

Jeff (Magna19) -

In all fairness, please remember that Tracker was under a completely different system when you had your problems. Nathan wasn't even there at the time.

Back then, Customer Service was decentralized and the plants were in charge of determining who got warranty work and who didn't. Kind of like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

Nathan has since brought all warranty administration into the corporate offices. He's brought in some very competent people from the plants and hired others. He has also placed the Dealerships - who are the real customers of Tracker Marine, not us - in key positions with regard to warranties.

The systems and attitudes today are much different from what they were just a few years ago.....

I like what I've seen!

Thanks!

me!

Jeff,

E-mail me any info you have on the seat post recall... I have heard nothing... Boat registration info in Illinois is available to the Manufacturers... Hmmm... interesting in that no recall info is a violation of FTC guidelines... You would think they would try to be careful with those issues...

Who issued the recall?

Tracker or the pedestal manufacturer?

Swivl-Ease?

Just a little input:

When I was shopping for a camper, I inquired about the "lifetime warranty" that they bragged about when showing the different makes and models. I'll admit I was impressed when they said "lifetime warranty" on the wooden flooring. I finally asked what does that mean? The salesman says you know nobody ever ask that...but since you asked it means that the plywood that used for the decking on the floor is warrantied by the plywood company. If the wood ever rots the plywoood company will replace it free of charge. This is what that really means. The rotten wood gets replaced at not charge. The plywood company will eat the cost of the material, however no one assumes the responsiblilty of the labor and other materials to change it out. "LABOR" The labor is your baby. So, although it is a catchy way to lure a customer it is not really a true warantied floor. At least not by the maker of the RV.

I am not saying that this is the case with tracker (I suspect it is), but if it is I can see how tracker would not be responsible for changing out the wood in the decks as it is not really covered under warranty.

Did that make sense?

Oh well,

Wolf

Wolf -

To me, it makes absolute sense.....

That is pretty much the way it is with products from any manufacturer that I've ever represented - and I've represented quite a few. (My resume is in my library.)

They cover the cost of the materials or product - but not the cost of labor to remove and replace it. Nor do they cover the cost of any collateral damage that may have been caused by the failure of their product.

me!

I tend to agree with you - BUT, why do they advertise it then? It can be very misleading and it causes more harm for repeat service and word of mouth quality. A while back I posted a question about fishin in the rain, not cause I would get wet but because my wood deck would get soaked!

Integrity is a major concern for corporations, and a little goodwill goes a long way. I am curious to see how Tracker responds to this especially since they acknowledge there presence on this post.

I would assume Marine products "boats" have nowhere near the amount of oversight and governmental standards automakers face and that alone should be enough incentive for them to correct major component failures as rotten decks. AND YES BOAT DECKS ARE A MAJOR COMPONENT! Is marine grade plywood designed to be used on horizontal applications?

Covering the cost of the plywood which is peanuts compared to the labor is not a warranty. And in my opinion borderlines with false or misleading advertising and could have a "Uniform Commercial Code" issue.

As far as going to dealers versus the manufacturer - well I had a late model car that was out of warranty. Dealer could not do a thing for me, did some research and called the auto maker and stated my case - the major component was replaced/repaired free of charge, not even a deductible (which is less then if it was under warranty)! Guess what? My next vehicle was from the same automaker. Get the picture.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

i still had to deal with nathan in the end.i wouldnt go to my local dealer for anything,not even salmon gear which he sells.

its over and done with.i wont let anyone but MYSELF work on my boat,this way i know it will be correctly fixed the first time,and i wont have to go back to get things fixed again and again,and again!

the coast guard issued the recalls,NOT the manufacturer.

greg,here is the website address

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/recalls_detail.aspx?id=920339T

now it says its closed.

here is the search page for all buj hull numbers

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/recalls_search_results.aspx

Hm-m-m-m..........

"Trakersux" posted at 20:20, 20:23, 20:27, 20:28, 20:30, 20:34, 22:40 and 22:41 on July 17th.

"Ray Scot" posted at 20:28 and 20:23 on July 14th.

Coincidence on the times?

Or does this person also have a beef with Rob?

One thing for sure.....

I have wa-a-ay too much time on my hands! LOL!!

Hm-m-m..... More too much time on my hands.....

The person gets home a bit after 10 pm CST..... Maybe they work in retail? How late does TMBC in Springfield stay open?

One thing for sure..... It ain't me! I'm in bed at 9:00 every night! LOL!!

Latest posts

Back