Tracker Tundra

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been searching and reading as much as I can and I am more confused now then ever. I have a chance at a 2003 Tracker Tundra team boat, but I am hearing different conclusions on the quality and service of Tracker. I currently own a 2004 Nitro 929 (by the way is up for sale in the swap and sell section) and have had no problems with either the quality or service, but witht the aluminum problems I am concerned. I will not be using this boat in 4'-8' rough water like some people. I have heard and read some of the horror stories with the tracker tundra. I have had a tracker service rep say to stay way from any 2003. I know that the pro is trying to sell the sponsors brand of boats, but I want to hear from in the real world if this is a boat that I should consider or is there that much of a problem with the transom and hull to look else where? This is not a thread to say, which boat should I get. I just want to know if there were any problems with the 2003 tundra boats and if this is something that I should consider.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jon

I'm the resident expert on Tundras, having spent 19 months battling with Tracker to get my 2005, that repeatedly failed, replaced.

DO NOT TOUCH ONE OLDER THAN 2006!!! In 2006 they finally redesigned and added enough reinforcement in the transom to be reliable. In 2003 & 2004, there were only 2 toe braces in the transom. I've heard some of the first ones had none. In 2004 or 2005, they added another pair, but my old boat is proof that it didn't work. My new 2007 has 8 braces, I believe, in total. I can tell you in all confidence that they finally got it right! If you can find a 2006 or newer for a good price, go for it, but don't touch one older than that.

terroreyes,

I seen alot of your post on walleyecentral.com. Unfortunately, I think I may have to look at the Triton or Ranger since I can not afford the prices of the 2006 or new Tundras. I really like the looks of them, but not the price.

Thanks,

Jon

Those are only the posts that didn't get dusted. You missed the good stuff! LOL

Get the Ranger!

I have to second the "unreliable" and "questionable" reputation of the early Tundras. Walleyecentral is much more tightly moderated. Negative (even though honest and informative) get dusted quickly, in many cases.

Latest posts

Back