Tracker Tin

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
When did Tracker start with the all weld and about how long after did all the problems start?

cq

Not sure what you mean by "all the problems". VERY few and far between any issues....and we've sold thousands......;)

Do research over at the BBC or anywhere for that matter and check on "cracks" for tin and you'll find a ton! Nuff said....:angry:

With all due respect Tee, USUALLY the people with a problem will do their "internet research", and end up...here. The problem free society go about their business because they {the majority} don't have a need. Take this for what it's worth. I can count on two hands the amount of "cracked" aluminum I've seen, and we have been selling these boats for 25 years. As a percentage.....not an issue. OH....and I might mention, seen just as many {if not more} with "other" brands. :blink:

Gee. Sorry.

I found a fair buy but it has an issue that I am trying to resolve.

cq:unsure:

My very first boat was an Aluminum bass boat (Alumacraft)...i had a crack develop right next to the keel up near the front. I called a fabrication shop 4-5 miles from my house and asked them if they could weld aluminum.......he said,.."Yeah buddy,..we do it all the time,....bring it over and we'll do it while you wait!" SWEEET!! Took them 15 mins or so....and they charged me @ $40.00. I was happy as hell and never had another problem with it!

People were complaining about popped rivets before the started welding boats.

I have a 1993 TV-17 and it is dry as a bone.

Going to have some manufacturing or material defects when mass producing anything. Look at cars.

Quality and engineering have greatly improved over the years.

Not gonna get into a pissin' match about Tracker quality...for sure. Especially not knowing the crap I have been thru. Oh and Damuniz...the greatest amount of problems I am seeing on the net are newer boats. Seen some as new as 08 and 09 model defects...yes I said' "defects". Most people have no idea what their "internal" welds look like...they've never had the decks off. I have and can tell you all the interior welds are crap...period. Tracker will only cover external welds the "limited lifetime warranty".

Buy what you want...over and out.

Ive had 3 trackers. A Pro 16, Pro 185 and a Panfish 17. None have leaked.

Used to have a 16 Pro Lowe. Had the cracks welded annually just as I winterized it. Cost a bout 20 bucks.

I have a friend with a 01 Crestliner and has the the same thing done. I have an 07 Tundra and "knock on wood" no problems.

fatrap

I can't address TEE's tracker problems but I know that far more people come in my showroom with stories of how great their old trackers are and they don't see a need to buy a new one because they have lastest so long. I think Bob B hit the nail on the head by saying that for the most part you don't get the good stories on these boards just the complaints. I for one have been running them since 96 without one issue. Do you like Ford's or Chevy?

Problem solved, the guy damaged the boat and tried to hide the fact. I told him to have a good day and left.

cq

Well, I like Chevy's new Camaro, and Ford's new F350...but I'd take a Cummins equipped Ford truck with an Allision transmission!!! :D

Who ever gives me the best buy on a truck, my jeep, and the wife's MX5 (100 on her spedo is the same place as my 50).

cq:D

CQ - seems your issue was resolved without your question being answered. I recall Tracker starting "all welded" with the 2001 model year. I had a 2002, which I was told was the second year. The "Revolution Hull" predated all welding.

Can't answer your second question. Never had a weld/hull issue with my 2002 PT175. Dry as a bone til the day I sold it (then lost track!). I now have a G3 HP180. Great rig that I simply haven't had time to run all season. :( No weld issues (knock wood) and its a 2003.

The boat had a weld repair, bad repair at that, in the area of some pictures that I have seen that had improper welds. He had run the boat upon rocks, had a buddy do a hillybilly weld repair and stated it was a bad factory weld. I had a tin boat that had stress cracks on the transom and I know what I had to do just to get a shop to weld. Like I said I told him to have a nice day and left.

cq

CQ - My 2000 Pro Crappie was all welded and the Revolution hull, so I'm thinking 2000 might have been the first year. I just threw away all my old Tracker brochures when we packed up and moved, sorry.

Keep looking there are a LOT of great deals on boats, just do your research, like you did on the last one, and you'll find what you want at a price you can afford - good luck!

Trep

My '01 Tournament V18 was sideswiped by a semi while we were going down the highway. Tore the cover, broke the spare tire carrier, tore and ripped out the docking bumper (whatevertheheckitscalled) and dented the gunnel (gunwale) in a couple of places.

None of the welds on the hull failed...except on the spare tire carrier. Put that sucker in the water and fished for three days straight.

Latest posts

Back