Tracker Targa Windshield

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2001 tracker targa 17 with a walk through windshield. I would like to remove the windshield and replace it with 2 single windscreens like on a duel console boat. Anybody know if they make tinted windshields that would fit and look right. Any help would be appreciated

I bought a 2004 Targa 17WT brand new. I wanted dual shields instead & had the dealer remove the walkthru and order/install 2 single console Targa bubbles pre-delivery. It looked awesome & was up on a pedestal display at the Madison Fishing Expo before I took delivery . You shoulda seen the looks on the Tracker factory reps faces when they saw it on display.. LOL. They promptly went and bought a disposable camera so they could take pics back with them to show the factory gurus. No one ever saw like it before & probably hasn't since, but it sure did turn heads at launches! So yes it can/has been done with 2 single console Targa windscreens (at least on a 2004 it worked). Your challenge may be finding the proper model year screens. If you look closely at my picture, you'll see all we did to hide the mounting holes of the WT was to put short screws/nuts in each one & cover them with black plastic decorator button covers.

004.JPG
002.JPG
005.JPG

Major Mark do you still have your targa if so how's she holding up. Anything to look out for good / bad. I've only had mine for 2 year's but so far I'm happy with it. Just looking to get rid of that big ugly windshield - wind sail

no, sold it about 6-7 years ago. It was an awesome boat! Dryest ride I've ever been in, even cutting thru big waves. I fish alone a lot & she got to be too much for me to launch/retrieve by myself due to disabilities. I also have a summer home on the WI River. The water was too "skinny" for the deep V hull so I was always trailering away from my "home" water. Built myself a Ferrari of jon boats...
20140524_105124.jpg

20140524_105142.jpg

20140524_105336.jpg

Charlie,
Be sure to get/use the robber grommet windscreen mounts for the mounting screws. Screws thru the screens, fender washers & nuts inside/under the consoles. Protects the screens from cracking. Also make sure to snug them good, but do not overtighten or the screens and/or consoles will crack.

Latest posts

Back