Tracker Targa V-18 WT with kicker?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Harrison

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of a 2012 Tracker Targa V-18 WT with a kicker motor installed? I have one dealer telling me I need a Mercury 9.9 extra long shaft (25") and another dealer telling me I need the long shaft (20"), and yet a 3rd dealer that says I need to make sure it doesn't have power trim due to the fact you can't get inside the transom to mount the bolts to the transom of the larger bracket the power trim version has and the tie down loop on the boat has to be strattled and is in the way of the power trim model. Makes it kinda confusing to make a decision on it and I've been searching the web for this model of boat with a kicker motor just to see how they have it mounted but can't find one. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at the mercury 8hp or 9.9hp.

Where's Meyer when you need him? Calling Greg......There are a ton of these rigs equipped with kickers. Did you call Tracker?

When I called Tracker they referred me to calling the Dealer where I bought the boat for assistance on that. I went on the Tracker website and clicked on the "Build a Boat" and you can add the controls for a kicker but can't actually purchase the motor when buying it new. I've been trying to find a used kicker instead of purchasing new, otherwise I would just take it to the dealer and let them install it and be done with it but they quoted $3500-3800, and there are 2-3yr old used ones out there for $1500 and just wanted to make sure whatever I get, will work.

20" is a short shaft. You can measure the distance yourself from the top of the transom, if that is where it will be mounted, to the waterline for the boat. I would expect it to be at the 25" length. If you attach a special kicker motor bracket on the transom the distance will be less. This is what I did on my Boston Whaler so I could use a short shaft motor which I can also use on an inflatable without needing a second motor for it.

20" is a short shaft. You can measure the distance yourself from the top of the transom, if that is where it will be mounted, to the waterline for the boat. I would expect it to be at the 25" length. If you attach a special kicker motor bracket on the transom the distance will be less. This is what I did on my Boston Whaler so I could use a short shaft motor which I can also use on an inflatable without needing a second motor for it.

FWIW - A 15" is a short shaft on the above referenced. 20" is long shaft and 25" is extra long.

I have an extra long Mercury 6hp on my Tundra. Just makes it. I don't have dual controls installed as I want the option to remove it and put it on as needed. I did have a dual gas line hookup which allows me to run off my main tank. The kicker is four stroke. the six gives me a wopping 4mph top end.
fatrap

Latest posts

Back