Tracker Rod Locker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike mcmenamin

Reaction score
I have been looking at the 2014 tracker 175TWX. I like the idea of the dual livewells. But I can't seem to find out if there is a rod locker. I also can't see where I'll put an extra battery for my 70 lb thrust motorguide. Am I missing something here. Mike

I see its in the center now, but I don't like how they did it

Pro-Team-175-TXW_img50166_900.jpg

Compared that to the 2013 Model

Pro-Team-175-TXW_img20960_900.jpg

Pro-Team-175-TXW_img20994_900.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting to see NOW they got dual livewells. I bought the 175TF BECAUSE it had 2 livwells when the TXW (2013 model) only had ONE livewell. I see for 2014 they took the port storage box and made that the livewell for the bow. On my 175TF the center box (goes across between the port/starboard storage boxes) is the livewell.

Oh and as far as the battery area, ITS TIGHT. But you can manage 3 batteries however I couldn't mount an inboard charger system (which is almost as big as a battery) in there with them. So I had to decide what I wanted, 3 batteries or the onboard charging system. I mean there is a SMALL spot the onboard charger could go, I just couldn't find a way to mount it in there. The batteries will have to sit partially on the fuel tank but using a battery tray it'll be good to go. As you can see in this pic, that 2nd battery is sitting across, but my rigger didn't rig my batteries that way.

Pro-Team-175-TXW_img50153_900.jpg

But there IS room further towards the bow end, you'll just have to take everything out, to remount the trays further in, then re-strap the batteries. Further back on that same are (where you see the grommet with the cables going through), there's a boxy looking area, that an onboard charger can fit in, if you can find a way to mount it to keep it from moving.

I bought a 2009 Pro Guide 16 WT and the prior owner had only the ignition keys and none for the glove box or the two rod storage compartments. I have phoned two different dealers and one was a complete waste of time charging me $29 plus shipping to send the wrong keys, and with the other dealer I was told that they could not find my hull number in the system and that there were 5 different keys used of which only 4 were still available. I paid to have all 4 pairs shipped to me so I could hopefully get one set that would fit. No way to talk directly to Tracker, the manufacturer.

My next boat will be one from a manufacturer that provides direct customer support to people who buy its boats. In 30 plus years of owning power and sail boats I have never run into anything like this.

Latest posts

Back