Tracker Quality

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Moore

Reaction score
After reading the posts of the last few days, I felt obligated to throw my opinions out there.

1) Rich has created a wonderful forum for us to dicuss just about any issue. Again Rich, THANKS

2)Last summer I bought a TV-18 and have loved it since. Many people on this board and BBC has sent e-mails requesting information on the boat. One thing that was brought up that I agree with, is, having the ability to troubleshoot and repair just about all of the systems on the boat has been a definate advantage! Scott, you, Rich, Mac, Mini, etc., all remember the aerator, trolling motor mounts,wiring the front fishfinder, trolling motor connection corroded, etc, etc, etc. It's mechanical. Some of this stuff is bound to happen. The wire missing in the harness not being one of those things! LOL What I'm saying is, a lot of people can't do these things or don't have time. THAT is where the need for a GOOD, REPUTABLE dealer comes in. The factory probably has a quality acceptance percentage that they are striving to accomplish. However, mistakes are gonna be made. The dealer is the key to having those issues resolved.

3) I sincerely hope that we, as a group of dedicated and loyal Tracker and Nitro ownwers, can continue to foster and develop a better relationship with Tracker Marine. The opportunity is there for Tracker to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge that we have accrued while owning our boats, and the vested interest to help improve what we are very proud of owning already so that future buyers will benefit from and pepetuate the process.

Sorry to take so long. But I hope that as emotions return to a more even level, positive things can come out of the events lately. And to everyone that is having issues, continue to be persistent, and I sincerely hope that the problems are resolved.

Bruce Moore

Bruce -

I absolutely agree with you on the necessity of the Dealer. One of the items brought up by Nathan Long when Rich and I visited Tracker in April was that they were going to try to develope more responsibility on the part of their Dealer network.

However, the final responsibility rests with Tracker.......

Dealers can not do "warranty repair work", or send it to an outside contractor, without first receiving authorization from the Manufacturer. The Dealer doesn't lose anything; they are paid a reasonable rate for service work performed by the Manufacturer and allowed to make a profit on the parts they take from their inventory used in the warranty repairs. Dealerships of all kinds - boats, automobiles, motorcycles - can add significantly to their bottom line by performing warranty work. It can also be a significant cost to the Manufacturer if their defect rate is not kept in line.

In some cases, the manufacturer may decide that they would like to perform the work themselves. That is their call.

In all cases, the Customer has the right to expect that the warranty work will completely repair any factory defects and bring the product back to it's original condition with allowances for normal wear and tear it has already experienced. If it can't be repaired properly - replace it.

The Customer has the right to expect that it will be done in a timely fashion; if there are going to be significant delays, the Manufacturer should make allowances to meet the Customer's schedule. (If it can be operated safely, don't tie up his boat for 3 months during the middle of the fishing season.)

The Manufacturer should always keep in mind - The Customer is his Reason for Existance.

me!

P.S. And, please remember, my background is 30 years of being a Representitive for Manufacturers.

Scott, I couldn't agree more. I realize that when major issues such as Magna's arise, there is no more passing the buck! Tracker should step up to the plate and salvage a good customer. All any of us want as a consumer is to "get what we pay for". Situations like his are an unacceptable nightmare. My statements were more directed to the people that have had second thoughts about their recent or impendeing purchase of Tracker products. I can't imagine if it was me in some of these situations. Common sense and decorem would have probably left me long ago! Hopefully, these are isolated instances that eventually will be resolved to everyone's satifaction.

My biggest concern is that represetatives from Tracker will cease visiting the board and fail to see the opportunity of a corporate lifetime in the real time product survey that we provide everyday!

Bruce

But in all seriousness.........

Those who have wanted to learn have and will continue to at least monitor the site................ Those who don't, haven't and won't.

me

I own a 1997 Targa 18SC that I purchased new. It has been a great boat. I have had countless hours of fun with absolute dependability. I would definitely buy this boat all over again. Thanks Tracker for a fine product!

Latest posts

Back