Tracker Pro 175 4 stroke

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C. Jackson

Reaction score
I was just looking for some feedback as to who is running this boat with the 4 stroke 115? Seems like a great engine. I am in Colorado up at elevation so I am hoping it will have enough power for pulling a tube around. I will mostly be trolling so I know it will be good for that. Being aluminum the boat specs look pretty light just wondering if it will plane out pretty fast. Is there really much difference from the Optimax? I have heard the Optimax isn't real good for trolling a lot? Thanks for any help.

Jim - YOu sure you are talking about the 175, I think that is only rated to 75HP max, now the 190 is rated to 135 and is available with the 115 Merc.

I don't know about up the the mile high state, But i pulled tubes with no problem with my Pro 175 and only a 40 Merc, so if you max the HP on the 190 with a 115, no problem (oh and I had a 115 on my Nitro 700lx it had ZERO problem pulling ski or tubes!!). Now both were 2 strokes, the 4 strokes seem to need different prop-ing to get the hole shot right, but i'm sure Bob, Dan or someone with more experience in set ups will jump in.

Trep

Just looked at the Tracker site, wonder if you mean the Tracker Pro Guide 175 (the Deep V model vs. the Pro Team 175 which is the bass boat/revolution hull style), if its the Pro Guide 175, disregard my comments above as it is rated to a 135 max HP.

Trep

Latest posts

Back