Tracker Marine/Mercury

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I talked to one of the salesmen yesterday while working at Bass Pro about Tracker/Mercury.

He told me that Mercury is still going to be the Main engine offered but on a few products they will also offer Suzuki engines.

Also, for all that asked, the Demo was ok. For my first time i dont think i did too terribly bad. At the end I did say "if you have any questions about any of the baits I have used please feel free to ask me and have nice evening at Bass Pro Shops".

On saturdays because they usually do a few more demos we're supposed to cut the time back to around 10 minutes or so.

I took a few extra rods out with me so that way I would only have to spend just a couple of minutes with each bait, basically tell what it was, how I use it, what rod i use it with, the pound test line I would throw it on. I had five rods total:

1. Rebel Pop R

2. Spinnerbait

3. Jig

4. Bass Pro 4 Star Tube

5. Double Fluke Rig

I ended up going about 15 minutes. So that was three minutes for each bait.

I didnt have anyone come up and ask me where they could find a particular bait, but thats ok

Bottom line, For my first demo/seminar (not really a seminar tho...) it was a positive expierence and I'm looking forward to doing more in the future!

BJ

I hope they keep the Merc's for a bit longer. If they go to Suzuki, I won't buy another Tracker...

As of right now, Tracker is offering Tahoe's and Makos with Suzuki's as an option.

Craig

Nice attitude JD. What's your beef with Japanese-branded motors? Reliability? Seems contrary to the general reputation of engines that are designed and built by Japan-based corporations. Xenophobia? If so, maybe you should learn to spell after you educate yourself about how worldwide commerce works. The United States is a strong country, in part, because its a player in the world economy. That means active trade with other countries. Maybe you should consider not using any "foreign" oil products in your 'Murican-made motor - oh wait, then you wouldn't have any gas to power your engine.

I thopught I would stir some stuff with that remark but I wont have a Jap car either I like made in USA I guess its the union in me I fish alot of union tournaments and UAW Teamsters printers&lithosI was a Teamster for 35 yrs my dad was a TEAMSTER for 45 yrs and was an organizer and business agent I wont argue the quality it must be good just from some mechanics I have talked to they say Yamaha is the best moter made but I still could not buy one for myself

Don't forget past history lessons. Hey, wasn't there a famous guy with the last name Suzuki in WWII ?

...there you go...clouding a good discussion with the facts!

az

OMG...they're built in China? WTF is this world comin' too?:p

Pat, I don't think Sam Walton dictated that. I think Sam Walton grew an empire trying not to do that. When he died, the kids felt differently. At least that's how I sorta remember it.

Name one thing that's 100% made in the USA over 3000 grand?

Ford, Chevy = Mexico, Canada,USA

Nissan= USA, Japan

Toyota= USA, Japan

I work to hard for my money I am always going to buy the best product for my money even if it a Jap made.. Wow flash back I thought I was in the 80's again ;)

Yes I was a union electric back in the day, then I saw the light and went non-union.. I could never understand they

Besides Ford and GM's made in Canada and Mexico, don't forget that Chrysler is now GERMAN-owned. A lot of the new products coming out of the now-Chrysler DIVISION of DaimlerChrysler are made in Canada, Mexico AND Europe and South America. So why is it nobody says they aren't going to buy crap Euro-trash stuff? Why is it that its so much easier to trash something built in Asia?

BTW JD, your UAW TRIED to unionize the transplant auto manufacturers (think Nissan in Tennessee and Mississippi, Toyota in Kentucky, Honda in Ohio, Mercedes in Alabama, BMW in South Carolina). Not only did those workers reject the UAW, each plant voted AGAINST unionization multiple times in a row. Maybe you ought to rethink your blind loyalty to an antiquated organization that now is at least partially responsible for the junk bond status of GM and Ford.

If JD's anti-asian stance holds across the board, he better give up fishing,.....'cuz 99% of the stuff we fish with is made in Mexico, Japan or China......VERY VERY little made here anymore!!

Thank You Jim....And that's why they are what they are.

Never been a big fan supporting "broom benders":angry:

My Bro in law works for Honda here in Ohio and he said," he wouldn't want it any other way" or he'd already be looking for a job:huh:

Name one thing that's 100% made in the USA over 3000 grand?

The hulls of our Rangers, Nitros, Tritons, Skeeters....etc. :lol::D

Hey BJ, way to go on your Demo, that's awesome that you are working and making money doing what you love to do.

Im not that anti asian but I was in Japan

in the early 60s and the Japanese people hated us they were still fighting WWII it just left avery bitter taste in my mouth and I do buy american made rods and reels and there quality is as good as any thing I have tried

JD

Ken - Yes the hulls of those boats are made in the USA, but you can't buy a hull w/no hardware to hold stuff on it. I'd bet a lot of the electronics, motors, trailer parts, screws, cables, switches and such are NOT made in the US, but are assembled (some not all) in the us.

So you have to look at the whole product you are buying. You also need to look where the profit goes, and vice versa for a product made in the US solely is it sold overseas to any other non-us customers?? GM, Ford, and other US (by headquarters definition) sell BILLIONS of dollars of product overseas. If we only bought US made products (100% US made) and other countries did the same, we'd ALL be in a world of hurt. There would be 100% market capitalization in a lot of industries with only a limited number of people to sell to.

Its a global economy, we play, we win!

Trep out.

If I recall correctly, I saw on CNN this morning that Japan is/may impose an 18% retalitory hike on imported US steel. :blink:

I know i'll get slammed by this, but if it keeps the price of my boat (or future boat) to a reasonable level by moving operations out side the US then go do it. Too many businesses move out of the US for 2 primary reasons 1) labor costs - that will happen all the time, we as the US continue to raise the level or our skills and capabilities, and 2) the HIGH costs of taxes that corporations pay being "home" in the US vs. overseas.

Trep - Tell your representatives about HR 25 and SB 25, the Fair Tax - http://www.myfairtax.org/

Latest posts

Back