Tracker Avalanche - Discontinued in 2008

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Riley

Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer today and he informed me the 2007 Tracker Avalanche can only be special ordered this year and will be discontinued starting 2008. He said the boat Mfg. cost is high and sales never caught on. To bad, I have a 2006 and its a great boat.

Wow. That was a huge investment, and I thought they had a winner.

Anybody know how the warranty situation has been on those boats?

I have an '03 Avalanche and havent had any problems. Runs great !

Not only that...I have never EVER understood why the technology never caught on good and be applied to bass boats. One piece is the way to go;)

Seems like when Tracker is gettings things right, someone comes along and pulls the plug!

Do they really think the 190 will be a seller:wacko:

And guys....PLEASE could you make some improvements (real improvements) on the preformance end of the aluminum line. I mean come on...the upper end of the tin rigs have been able run high HP motors on their boats for years!

Someone at HQ needs to get their head outta' their butt:blink:

Just thinking out loud here but ......If they continue to make improvements that are costly to manufacture they will no longer be building entry level boats and would risk loosing the market niche they have established.

Too bad about the Avalanche.

Cass

A little birdy just told me this is just unconfirmed rumor.

I guess we'll see.

**IF**

This is true, here's the why.

Tracker does not produce that hull, it's built outside by a Boeing aircraft contractor. The design was started during a down turn in military orders, and since new aircraft orders were increasing, they don't have the capacity to produce a lot of the formed aluminum hulls.

Can't sell what you can't get.

Rich - I hope your right and my dealer was just blowing smoke. This is my second season with the boat and while I had a few problems, which the dealer and Tracker addressed without question; I couldn't be happier....Like you said, we'll see...hopefully if it is a capacity problem, Tracker can find an alternative solution.

Good Afternoon: Just wanted to set the record straight on a couple of rumors that have been mentioned in this thread.

Here is the information I know, and it is correct:

1. Tracker Marine is planning on producing the Avalanche model for 2008

2. Tracker Marine does build the hull. We get some of the formed aluminum pieces from a supplier but we form and build the hulls at one of our Missouri boat plants.

Tracker Marine's very own PR guy setting the record straight. Nothing but the facts ya can't beat that.

Wooooo...Whooooooo :D

Cass

Ditto Cass

Thanks Doug for setting the record straight....Glad to hear the Avalanche lives on...any word on a 20' version????

Doug - So will they start building the "nekid" avalanche next???? LOL!!! As Alf used to say "I KILL me!!!" Here Lucky, Lucky, Lucky...!!!

Doug,

How are you.... Got any time the next weekend... A few of us will be at Kentucky Lake... no too far from you...

If you can't make it well we'll send the bar bill your way... LOL And, I'll be thinking of you and all the other NTOWS folks not in attendance...

P.S. Thanks, as always for monitoring the site and adding valuable knowledge and insight when it is needed..;)

Gotta spin....

Thanks for the response Doug, the pieces I refer to are the ones you do not manufacture yourself, nothing wrong with that, it's the way things are.

You do take those pieces and weld them together to produce a hull.

Great to hear from Doug! Especially since I WANT one but am a few years away yet!!

I've always liked that Avalanche anyway.....after I drove "BassinFool's" in NY I was totally impressed with the performance and handling.....as far as tin bassboats go...it's my personal favorite Tracker...;) Jordan Paulo and I put it thru it's paces and it was awesome...even Jordan said,.."Holy #@@,..THIS is unbelievable!!". Now,..if they'll just give it the press and advertising it deserves!!:rolleyes:

Let me get a few things clear here...

Cass...I was actually being serious! Tell me that it will cost a ton more money to put a 150 HP or bigger on the back of the 190 or a 125HP on the back of a 175 ?

The other tin boys have been doing it for years. Might be a little tweaking of the hulls to handle the HP but, it can be done.

And as far as costly goes...it must not be that bad for tooling and forms for the Avalanche or it'd be a whole lot more $.

There is ALWAYS room for improvement! :D

That's one of my greatest traits if I do say so myself;)

That's why AFMC likes me:lol::lol::lol:

Tee, I agree 100% there is always room for improvement with anything. I can not make any statements about cost without collecting additional information. If you would like I can take an action item on that and get back to you with a cost analysis. :lol::lol::lol:

Honestly, all contracting jokes aside it's something I have no clue about and would never attempt to discuss without more information to work from. I was basing my statement on basic business logic.

Have a great day :)

Cass

Worked in R&D and machining/design/QC and just don't undertstand sales logic sometimes:blink:

Latest posts

Back