Tracker 195 Txw Motor Recommendations

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jke

Reaction score
Considering at a 2019 Tracker 195 TXW and woud appreciate any advice, experience or recommendations on the 115 HP versus the 150 HP motor options.

I have decided that is generally best to go with the maximum rating of the boat. However, I did stick with a 150 as opposed to the 175 when I bought my Nitro Z-18. The difference between a 115 and 150 will be more significant. I have owned a new 18' metal boat powered with a 115 Merc. 2 stroke. The 150 Mercury engine will not have to work so hard and you will likely be very happy with the fuel mileage that you will see. If you fish alone most of the time, and not fully loaded, you may be fine with the 115 and the right Propeller matched but you will be slower all the time- probably low to mid 40's full throttle, at best, in normal conditions. That might not matter depending on your situation. Also, I think a boat generally sells a little better later in life if it's carrying the full HP rating. The 115 will be more economical and weigh less on the boat. If you are buying a new boat, don't downscale everything to save a few dollars. Of course, anything you don't finance will save you money in the long run. I would say the last thing you want to do is buy a new boat and then not be happy with it's performance because you didn't spend a few extra dollars up front. Your question is a bit loaded since we don't know all the variables you are considering with its use. This is just one guys opinion about this- really, if you get you a new boat and you are out there fishing and enjoying it- that's what counts!

Reactions: jke
Thanks Larry. Exactly the sort of unbiased advice we were looking for.
We will just be pleasure fishing versus tournament and can live with the 40's top speed, but do not want a dog getting up on plane. The other areas you mention are very useful.

I have a 190 TX with 90 hp four stroke. Same length as the 195 with the 195 being wider. I have no problem getting on plane quickly. This said, the 75, 90 and 115 are all share the same engine. The 150 is a bigger motor.

I went with the 90 and used the money saved, over the 115, for a 24V trolling motor and front fish finder

I have a 115 pro Xs on my 2018 195txw. I have 35 hrs on the motor and so far am amazed at what it can do. I wasn't expecting much out of the 115 had a deal I couldn't pass up or I would got a 150. 13x19p aluminum prop 42- 45 mph up on plane instantly with two people full tank of fuel
Just now experimenting with prop and motor height I think I can get upper 40's no problem. My local lake is about 25 miles long and can fish all day and barely use 1/8 of a tank. I did upgrade to a 24v motor and bigger graphs.

Latest posts

Back