Toxic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg. Avery

Reaction score
Tox I can't find the article on fishing a Senko with a spinning rod could you send me in the right direction? :wacko::wacko:

Last year, I started using braid mainline on everything with various flouro and mono leaders. I learned to tie the FG knot and that setup is working great for me so far on everthing. It took me a while to gain confidence in the FG knot but now I've seen it perform very well and throwing braid is my preference. I have found a chinese briad that is second to none - Sea knight Monster S9. Its constructed with 9 individual strands of braid fiber- it super slick and 20# is .16mm diameter. I've never used a line that has less friction than this stuff. I use the yellow color to be able to see it well while in the water. the FG knot allows for a leader at least as long as the rod because the tie is so thin the knot doesnt' obstruct line passing through the guides
-you can tell it's there but it doesn't affect casting distance. braid will last all season and leaders from expensive line are not costly. I like being able to change out the leaders at any time or replace stressed leaders with very little expense.

Latest posts

Back