toxic my trip.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph currier

Reaction score
to champlain was fantastic!!

sorry dont mean to rub it in i know you havent been able to get away from your job.

wish i had that problem.

anyway monday i fished around ticonderoga spent the majority of the the day flippin and pichin the tules and pads

the bites were ferocious i assume because they were protecting fry? average size was 3 lbs my best five would have weighed around twenty lbs. but the numbers were amazing.

a few buzzbait fish, a few on the kvd 1.5 around any wood i could see. the water was very high but the locals tell me it was 2feet higher just last week.

day two was overcast. it was my plan to fish untill about noon in the south bay area.

anyway top my surprise i could barley get bit on any kind of top water even with the clouds. got a 2lb smallie on a buzzbait. then about a 3.5 all they way back off the bay, then nothing for 3 hours, well you know i couldnt go home with this bad of a morning hanging over my head soo......

i headed to the main lake to find some tuels to pich to and once i started tossing my jig in tight the whoopin was on.

now i could go home around 3 instead of my noontime plan happy and fulfilled.

whenever it is that you get back in shouting distance it would be my pleasure to show you a day or two on my favorite lake in the north east.

"keep your head up and you see the world" walk downtrodden with your head down and you will see your feet"

Sounds great. Don't feel too sorry for me. I am still on my Lake St Clair high. It usually takes me a couple of months to recover.:lol: Before I started going to St Clair some 9 years ago, I used to go to Champlain annually. TRhe best thing about St Clair other than being a world class fishery and the fact that I get to meet up with some of the best friends you could ask for, is that you can normally get out of the weather by trailering or picking your areas. All the times I went to Champlain I always planned at l day in the cabin due to weather. Normally that held true. Nonetheless I really like the lake and would like to go back.

Here's a little St Clair action.

Fishing 025.jpg

TOXIC

Hey Joe,

Where are you from? I live up in the lake George area and fish Champlain quite a bit. Dont know if you have ever fished near westport or not, but give it a try sometime. I like it there and have had some pretty good luck. There is a little motel right next to the state boat launch too, pretty convienent.

jim,

love the area BUD but i'm looking for new largie areas to become familar with.

have caught tons of honker smallies around cole and young especialy the island there even button bay produces lots of big smallies.

but in a two or three day event the overall size just wont hold up compared to the largies.

thanks for your help my friend i'll be up there as many times as i can afford this season

and would enjoy some company in the boat to learn the new water and bounce ideas off.

if you are going to be free on week day i'll give you call. i'm from the boston area so my drive is about 4 hrs up.

joe ;)

Latest posts

Back