Tow Package?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
This one is for you GM and automotive experts.

My wife is looking at a 2008 Buick Enclave. This will be the family vehicle. We want the Enclave to be equipped for towing for summer vacations and some weekend family trips. For fishing outings my primary tow vehicle is my F150. So the Enclave needs to be equipped for long haul highway trips.

The particular one she is looking at does not have a factory installed Tow Package (called Trailer Provisioning Package on the Enclave site). What exactly does this package include? Is it just the hitch and transmission cooler or does it also have a larger radiator for cooling the engine? The details say heavy-duty engine cooling system. I'm trying to figure out exactly what is in this package to see if it is reasonable to add on after factory to get the equivalent factory installed tow rating.

Thanks!

Paul

It may also include a different axle package and tranny also turn signal fuse.

Could be wrong and others will be chiming in.

Randy!

Things commonly included in towing packages are:

tow hitch

transmission cooler

engine oil cooler

heavy duty flasher

wiring harness

different gear ratios

different cooling fan setpoints

different automatic transmission shift points (commonly tow/haul mode)

larger side mirrors

You will have to find out form the dealer which of these are included. I've never seen a larger radiator being part of the package, but the engine oil cooler and transmission cooler will help to cool the engine & transmission done a lot.

Let us know what they say is included

Trailering Provision Package Extends trailering capacity up

to 4,500 lbs,# includes transmission cooler, wiring harness and

factory-installed hitch. Includes compact aluminum spare wheel.

Nice looking car/truck!!!!!

Thanks guys!

Carlos - that's what I saw on the package description. I was also wondering if there were more contents that were not listed. I never have total confidence when asking a car salesman a technical question that you will get the complete/correct answer. Not that they would lie about something like that but just that they wouldn't know those details.

I guess if there were more package contents that they probably would have been listed.

check the specs.. "towing package" can mean the full list (Above) to just a factory installed receiver hitch and none of the rest. trust no one.

The only specs I could find were the tow package contents description for the vehicle and its as carlos listed. It described the contents as transmission cooler, wiring harness and factory-installed hitch. I'm assuming if there was more included that it would have listed it so I'llhave to go with that list.

Latest posts

Back