Tow Master F65-14ST tire psi

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Thorne

Reaction score
What is the proper PSI for the Tow Master F65-14ST. Tire states 50 PSI for Max load 1760lb. Dealer mounted a spare on the trailer at about 20 PSI. I've had this trailer for years and the tires seem fine at about this same PSI. 50 PSI seems like the tire would explode. The tires don't show any sagging at all at this PSI. I've been towing a 2001 tracker Deep V 17 Pro. What the proper PSI?

How much does your rig weigh normally outfitted for a day on the water? I would think that the proper PSI would be around 40-45psi cold. The tire pressure will come up as they warm up from driving, so if you drive at max load you would be all right. Surface temp., length of pull, amount of wear will all figure into the equation, so you may have to adjust accordingly. I think 20PSI is way too low, especially if they are bias-ply tires. I've been running mine at about 40PSI and no trouble yet.

But I'm a jeweler, not a tire guy, so I'd say figure your gross weight and consult the dealer or manufacturer.

The contention seems to be to run them at max PSI (which I do BTW).

I can't seem to get mine to wear for crap (max PSI or otherwise) on my 02'185 but, I'm not sure that may be an alignment issue with those particular Trailsatr trailers.

I also switched out the bias and went with radial that seems to make it better.

I only ran Marathons and on a 2000 boat that got towed probably 10,000 mi per year, I had the originals and replaced them once. Never a blow out, tread separation, uneven wear or flat tire. I always ran them at the max psi on the sidewall.

TOXIC

I should have said I run mine at ~ 40+ psi *cold*, which gives them room to expand TP after warmup. I know the biggest problem leading to excessive wear is the weight. Being over weight will cause them to heat up and disintegrate. I'm speaking from experience here; not a pretty thing. Although that was on a cargo trailer, I'm pretty sure it would equate.

As far as the spare, I guess it makes sense to keep it at the same TP as the others in case you do have to use it.

Two things destroy tires-heat and UV rays. The UV rays can be blocked when you're not using the boat with tire covers. Heat is caused by towing while under-inflated. Keep them at the manufacture's rated PSI.

Latest posts

Back