Torn Off Winch Attachment Ring From Aluminum Keel.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garey

Reaction score
I have a tracker V175WT aluminum deep V boat. While trailering it last week I accidentally hit a severe bump in the road at about 40 mph. The boat and trailer bounced hard and in the process broke the winch attachment ring from the aluminum keel of the boat. It left a rectangular hole where the ring was welded on. How big a problem do I have? Can it be repaired?

I have a tracker V175WT aluminum deep V boat. While trailering it last week I accidentally hit a severe bump in the road at about 40 mph. The boat and trailer bounced hard and in the process broke the winch attachment ring from the aluminum keel of the boat. It left a rectangular hole where the ring was welded on. How big a problem do I have? Can it be repaired?

any good welding shop should be able to repair this. i had more than one repair bone on my 16 ft. flat bottom . hit angle iron on old dock, 6 in rip in hull. center live well tore loose from hull in rough water, aluminum frame for raised rear deck made from alum angle iron.

Latest posts

Back