Tongue Step To Bow

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Mauzy

Reaction score
I just finished my step from the tongue to the bow on a 2008 nitroZ7.

After having metal cut and bent took about three hours to weld and paint. Used truck bed liner for the pole and a piece of anti skid runner mat for tongue and step. (Look over the clutter)

92108A88-EF7A-4271-8A98-7BAE41126075.jpeg
DAA78CA5-3337-4318-921F-708FF0752A94.jpeg
6A2AB617-10D4-4F13-B91B-C08C0B88C31F.jpeg
884E2897-A387-40E3-9033-48EF5737D6F4.jpeg
410AF4B9-6042-4133-B9C6-8611E6996766.jpeg

I like it- I have the bolt on unit, built like yours here, on my 2017, Z-18. The trailer already had a tongue step pad built into it. Your tongue step is bigger. It is a really nice improvement for loading and unloading alone.

Thanks, I have spent a lot of time looking at the diffeent manfacturers and finally broke down and made it. It was tearing up my knees when I would go by myself loading and would have to jump off of the bow at a ramp to pull it out of the water.

I have about $100.00 and about four hours designing, building, painting and installing it. A lot cheaper than buying from Tracker.

Duane

One thing that bugs me a little with mine is that hand pole vibrates a good bit while on the road. Tires seem to be balanced good and you can't feel anything through the hitch. Just see a lot of shake or vibration in the pole on anything but super smooth road. I've tightened all the bolts well and don't see any signs of cracks on welds. It may just be an inherent issue- this rig is the first time I've every used the device.

The pipe that tracker uses is smaller than the one I used. I did not see much in the way of vibration.

Is the pipe capped to avoid water collecting in the bottom? This is a really nice setup. Been thinking about doing the same, but your photos have encouraged me to finally build mine this year.

Is the pipe capped to avoid water collecting in the bottom? This is a really nice setup. Been thinking about doing the same, but your photos have encouraged me to finally build mine this year.
It’s not capped yet, I am ordering one from McMaster Carr.
Send me your email address and I can get you the drawing for the step to cut out at a machine shop. The pipe is 2 1/4” muffler pipe, my local muffler shop cut and bent it. The u-bolt came from hardware store. I painted it all with truck bed liner, the rubber mats came from harbor freight. Total spend under $100.

This is a great looking pole/step. I need to build one of these for my trailer. Kills me getting in and out of front of boat when putting in by myself which is most of the time. Would you share any drawings/specs on parts? is the pole bent at 90 degrees?

I just finished my step from the tongue to the bow on a 2008 nitroZ7.

After having metal cut and bent took about three hours to weld and paint. Used truck bed liner for the pole and a piece of anti skid runner mat for tongue and step. (Look over the clutter)

View attachment 708 View attachment 709 View attachment 710 View attachment 711 View attachment 712

I have seen a lot of do it yourself stuff over the years but yours is by far the most professionally done. Good Job !!

I have about $100.00 and about four hours designing, building, painting and installing it. A lot cheaper than buying from Tracker.

Duane

very Professional job, Duane. I really like that. You need to patent and market it.

Brilliant......being a bit older and not wanting to fish with a partner, I had to go through some body configurations to load myself.
Is there a manufacturer that builds models such as yours for purchase?
I have a ‘new to me’ 2015 Nitro Z6!
Thanks for your pics!

Latest posts

Back