To Jack Plate: Done, Need Help!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
For those who were not envolved in the discussion before the JP, Nitro Z6 w/115 Opti, prev hole shot empty about 4-5 seconds and top end 47 mph. I had a 5 1/2 inch manual JP installed and put in the water today. Same distance, which is only a few hundred yards since our lake is only that long, mph is about the same and the hole shot is a little slower. Water pressure is holding at the same as it was prior to JP and when the motor is adjusted up high I get a little chine. I moved it down a little and it goes away. Here is the kicker, I have to throttle back at any position because the rpm's are too high. I am sure that is a good problem to have since I am guessing I need to change to pitch on the prop. Right now I have a Laser II 20 P. Any suggestions? The dealer has a Laser II 24 P he will loan me, is that too much of a jump?

Ya, way to much jump I think. A 21 or 22 pitch should be fine, but depends on what rpms you are getting with the 20P. A 22P will drop 400 rpms.

I get an overrev beep and code at 5900. I have to back off to keep it below that. Right now it will go easy above 6000 rpm.

Theres really only one way to find out if its too big or not. If the dealer will loan it to you to test with its worth a shot, you really have nothing to loose in that situation.

I have a TV-18 with the 115 Opti and I have a 21p three blade. Runs just under the limiter so with the glass that is naturally faster a 22p sounds about right. See if the marina you bought if from will loan a couple out of each size to see.

Goo dluck with it.

Randy!

Latest posts

Back