To Fill, or Not to Fill...that's the question.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Need some help with this one...

Is it best to store the boat for winter with the fuel tank full or as close to empty as possible???

I know with cars it's a good practice to keep them full during winter months---same for the Tracker???

I also wonder what the gas prices will be in the spring...40 gallons purchased now may save me some $$$ versus what the price will be in the spring...What about the oil injection tank? Any concern with it being full/empty?

What's the best practice???

thanks!

Andy Z

Everyone seeme to use "STABIL" Surprisingly I have heard some cases of STABIL leaving a RED Gummy Deposit in Carbs. It has not happened to me, but instead I use the FAMOUS Product Called SEAFOAM. It is also a Carb Cleaner, Fuel STAbilizer, CArbon Remover, and DRIES GAs. I use it regularly thru the season per can instructions and use it Stronger per instructions when using it to Stabilize Gas.. I will use it on my last outing of the year. Not sure how much gas will remain over the winter. I will top off in the spring and Again add Seafoam to the fresh Gas. Never had a problem doing it this way and with Seafoam there are more advantages.

I'll ring in on he SEAFOAM also. Run it all year and use as a stabilizer during storage.

Agree to fill both fuel and oil. More importantly though, once a fuel stabilizer product is used, make sure enough gas is burnt in the motor to thoroughly get the stabilized fuel into lines, and carbs.

Latest posts

Back