TM Tranducer Location

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
Years ago, fishing on the Northwest River in Chesapeake VA., I would rotate the transducer on my trolling motor to the side and shoot towards the bank. The river was not that deep and I was not fishing below the boat. I would get a lot of looks when I returned the The Fishing Hole Marina with my transducer sideways on the TN.
After finding structure with lots of bait fish, I soon learned that a larger fish or fish would be hanging out close to the structure. I was always told that the river was over fished and there were not any big bass in the river. The day my wife thought she was hung on a stump and the stump started to swim off, she landed her best, 6lb and 3oz.
There were only two people that knew what I was doing and now we have good side scans.
I must be getting old.

cq

I used to have a Bottomline Side Finder. It had two transducers. One for depth and the other for looking to the side.
The side looking setting had a V-shaped view that showed the distance to fish within its coverage.

Way back when I first started working at Humminbird, local crappie fishermen would mount a transducer to a pole (broom handle) and point it sideways towards the bank of the lake to look for fish. This was with the old Super 60 motorized flashers.

Latest posts

Back