Tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Helscher

Reaction score
I am needing new tires for my 150 4x4. I have Goodyear now with 50,000+ miles. Any suggestions for a better set? I need as quiet and as smooth a ride as possible. Thanks

Steve -

Which model Goodyear? If you're running an all-terrain type, then just about anything else you buy will be smoother and quieter - including any of the Goodyear tires.

If smooth and quiet is what you want..... And you don't go off-road..... Just get any major brand highway tred and you'll be happy!

Goodyear or Michelin would be my preference. Why? 'Cuz you can find dealers just about anywhere and if you ever have a problem - you can easily get an identical replacement and adjustment on the value of the old tire if necessary.

me!

ive had many diffrent types on my truck,ive had generals,goodyear,firestone,roadhandlers,uniroyals,and a few cheapie brands in between there.ive found firestones were good tires,the generals were also good,the uniroyals are good also.the sears poadhandlers.which are made by michelin are good wear tires.ive got 35,000 on them,and they were still inspectable.probally could hav got another 10,000 off them,but gave them to a friend for casings.the generals i had were smooth riding,good traction also.the firestones i had were snows,and had over 40,000+ miles on them.

the only tires i wouldnt put on anything is from pepboys,there 80,000 mile tires suck bikge water.mine worn out in 20,000.i think they were cordovan.

Since you have a 4x4, I assume you use it from time to time and would like a tire that will perform in these conditions. I've owned some sort of a 4WD truck or SUV every year since high school. With a few exceptions (a couple of big, jacked-up stupid trucks with giant Super Swampers on them), all of my vehicles have had BFG Radial A/T's. These things are absolutely the best all-around tire I've ever ran. Always kept a spare set of M/T's in the garage for duck season as well.

My current truck ('01 Silverado Z-71) came with some crappy Firestone's that are being replaced this week with some brand new BFG's. Let us know what you decide!

Amen to the Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires!! I just replaced my Wrangler ATs (crappy tires) and the RTs are exceptional for grip and quiet ride. A total world of difference. I would highly recommend them.

I have Dunlop Rover ATs 285/75/16 on both of my Dodge Rams and love them. They are a little wider, higher then factory tires and ride nicely. I wanted something a little taller and wider but still maintain a good ride and safety on wet or snow covered roads. My 97 Ram is on it's second set, the first set went 60K mostly highway driving. My 99 only has 35K city driving and last chek I was told I should expect to get another 25 to 30K before I need to get a new set. As long as they are inflated properly I don't have the slippage I always got with the goodyears they put on at the factory.

The bfg at's are a great tire, good ride good all around, If you choose to get this tire. Check around, they make this same tire for three other companys and you can save 30 bucks a tire. Just look for the same tread pattern. An interesting note, My best friend owns a tire shop and he sold me mine for cost... $19.00 a tire, ouch thats right he makes over 100 per tire sold.

mike

Latest posts

Back