tire

• Thread starter Steve Gibson [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Gibson

Reaction score
dont really know the cause, maybe low tire pressure but wanted to tell you all to check your tire pressure thru the winter months especially, tire pressure gets a little lower when cold. Thats about the only excuse the tire guy gave me. He didnt even give me a good deal on another tire, this one had less than 42,000 on it....not going to buy tires from there again.This happened on the way to work the other nite and was in a bit of a hurry, think i got real lucky that it was on the rear of the truck and not the front, we did a little dance down the highway.lol.so check your tire pressure,stay safe. steve (nitro 640) ><}}}};>
Mvc-018f.jpg

Low tire pressure is a big problem if it gets really cold (like this winter). Glad you kept it under control. We have been near 0 degrees F most of winter, so I added air to our tires twice. Tires were low about 5psi the first time and around 3psi the last time I checked.

Bob G.

It must have went fast in order for the rim to slice the tire like that. Makes it look like a re-tread. Never had a blowout do that?!

TOXIC

Tread looks good for 42,000..Did they look or find a puncture in the tire?

BF

I see that those are Kelly Springfield tires? I'll have to check my pressure this afternoon...haven't done it for a couple months.

TEE

sorry, kinda got carried away with the zero's. It only had 4200 miles on them. yea Tee, wanted to go with a quality tire then this happened,i got them towards the end of summer.i guess you can never tell, they are a goodyear product.This is the first time i ever had this happen because of tire pressure...if that was the cause,i didnt see any punctures in the tread.Tox that thing went like right now....almost soiled myself hahahahaha.

I would say by looks that it could have been a sidewall blowout from something hitting it or a belt could have let loose. Just had a tire on my S10 go bad because of one of the belts let go and I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden it went way out of balance....could not go over 30 MPH...it'd bounce ya' off the road.

TEE

Latest posts

Back