Tire wear uneven

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Greco

Reaction score
I've noticed that my trailer tires are wearing out on the outer part on both tires. This is the second pair of tires this is happened to in a little over 2 years. Is the trailer axle bent causing this uneven wear? I don't notice much sway when trailering so I'm not sure what my next step is. Has anyone had this problem with their trailer or tires? Thanks in advance for any help!

Al,

Could of sworn we had this same type of question a while back (something about the remedy being dropping the trailer over a log to straighten out the axle?). But I can't go back far enough in the search engine to find the post. There were some good suggestions (short of the log method) given. Just can't remember them exactly.

Check with Rich on how to search further back and you should find it.

Tom (fisfafun)

P.S.

But I like Mac's idea best! You'd almost think he wasn't married! (Cathy must be VERY understanding and tolerant!)

me!

I looked at the previous post everyone is talking about and that person'es tires are wearing on the inner portion of the tire. Mine are wearing on the outer portion. I guess an alignment will fix both problems. Thamks.

Mac, I'm a Kentucky boy long since removed to Indiana. When I visit I still have to do a lot of the .....huh? what did you say? After I'm there for awhile It gets easier to understand.

When we first came up north I was in the 2nd grade and I was used to saying ain't. My teacher said I shouldn't say ain't, it's aren't. I told her I couldn't call my mom's sister Aren't Ruby. I hadn't thought about that for years!!

Latest posts

Back