Times we've messed up

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
After the post about my boat...people started to tell about times they have messed up...well here are a few of mine.

I do not know how I ever did this but our garage door messed up a couple of years ago. I thought I could fix it and ended up messing it up more. The spring loaded thing go all tangled and everything. $100 repair bill

Then....Just a few months ago I tried to obey my mom by moving the boat off the driveway for my sisters party.,...it had just rained and i tried to let see if she would leave it BUT no they had to play basketball...I took it off the drive and got stuck...$200 to call a wrecker + $30 allignment after I was pulled out.

Ok then one day (2 or 3 years ago) I was sitting in my room with my Bow and thought I would aim at my sisters stuffed animals...I didn't intend on letting go but I did and it went through the window...$100 repair and new window.

Also one time I got bored while sitting at one of my sister gymnastics meets so I brought a reel in and started taking it apart and oiling it...in the gym with like 50+ other people. I just sat where no one else was and kept myself busy...Until I unscrewed the side and about every part of the reel fell underneath the bleachers...Never have had it fixed.

Another time I couldn't find the keys to the shed to get the 9.9 out for a mini boat tournament..I just unscrewed the door of the shed got it out. Never put the door back on and left the drill by the shed...rained...ruined the drill and $100 or so for a new drill.

Then last year my mom was vacumming in the living room...I had a spool of 900 yards (well maybe half that because I had spooled a couple of reels) of 15# Big game in there. THe vacuum consumed the whole spool..ruined the vacuum. $150 new vacuum.

Then last year I was having trouble with the riding lawn mower...Mom wanted the yard mowed but I thought it needed new blades... I bought some new blades and took the deck out from underneath it. Put it back on started it up and the engine started but no mowing. Took it back off and reinstalled it...I had a few left over parts like pins and stuff but I didn't think they mattered. left them in the yard with the tools. Didn't think about it and ran over them and broke the blades plus a bent screw driver. New blade/pins/screw diver $30.

Also right after we bought the lawn mower I though I knew everthing about it and lifted the hood to do routine maintence..well I dont' know what I did but it wouldn't start...$50

I am also constantly pulling the tray out of the dishwasher everytime I open it. When I was 6 or 7 I ripped off a cabinet door trying to get a movie out. actually the screws didn't come out the wood broke. It was cheap though.

Total amount of repair bills for living with me for the past few years...$760.00

Anyone want to adopt me or want someone to room with???

Oh young Padawan, you better not try to keep any type of tally....it only gets bigger as you get older. Your mess-ups also get much more expensive.

TOXIC

Hey B.J.

I keep paint on hand for my daughter's car. We mix it up at the school body shop. Also keep spare headlights,bondo, a D.A. sande and a slim jim.

The same for the wife's car. I buy my son tools for gifts because he has to start learning to fix some of the stuff he destroys. He's twenty. I rebuilt the engine on our riding mower and brought it home drained the oil to change it and he started it and started mowing. Bye Bye engine.

Your about average don't worry about it. I'd rather have you doing what your doing than having to worry about how your fairing in a drug rehab center.

take care

fatrap

...uh.....Mr. Rap.....

You're avoiding the question!

BJ wanted to know how, what, where, when and why YOU messed up!

NOT your kids! LOL!!

(I aleady told about one of my many, many, many screw-ups in his original post.)

Man BJ. Life is tough sometimes. I've done the same with two of my reels, unreparable, $200 down the drain. Josh

Ummm, let me rephrase that open invite for ANYONE to come out and fish Champlain. Anyone OVER 21! LOL

My most recent screw-up.....

(That I've discovered.)

As many of you may remember, about a year ago, I thought I was going to have to move to make ends meet. I was planning on sharing a friend's small condo and I was going to be very limited on space. I had to purge all my old stuff and keep only that which I knew I would use.....

Yesterday, after all the postings about woolly buggers, I decided to tie up a few.....

Where's all my fly tying stuff?

Can't find it anywhere.....

OH NO! Don't tell me I threw out the box.....

It looks like I did. Hundreds of little bits and pieces of yard and feathers and flashaboo and "stuff" I had collected over the years. None of it was expensive - it's just that there was so much of it.....

Never mind!

I found it!

See what I was tellin' ya, BJ..... When you've got a problem that you can't solve but you know you should be able to..... Step back for a bit and let your mind clear..... The go back and start from the very beginning.....

I decided to take one... more... look.....

This time, I looked inside a much larger box - there was all my stuff! WHEW!!

HINT:

To avoid screw-ups.....

If you think you've thrown out all your fly tying stuff.....

Then discover that you haven't.....

And you're so excited that you decide to tie a few buggers.....

And check your inventory in the process.....

So you lay out all the feathers and such.....

But your eyes are old....

And you need more light to see all the little stuff.....

So you turn on the overhead light.....

Please.....

Turn off the ceiling fan it's attached to!

And.....

Even before that.....

Make sure you've locked The Tigger outside the room!

Put me down for yet another screw-up!

I consolidated my wife's and my student loans in 95. Almost $60,000 at 9%. Had I waited until now I would be saving $250 a month at least. That $250 would make a heck of a dent in a new boat payment wouldn't it.

AAAAHHHHH

Me

I NEVER mess upLOL. Now if you ask my wife you'd wonder why someone of her beauty and High Intellectual level would stoop to haboring an idiot. Must have been a charity thing.

Actually if I had ten cents on the dollar my screw ups have cost me I'd be driving that Power Stroke I've been dreaming of. I'd tell you all but that would require writing a book.

fatrap

There was that first time I got married...

Thanks, Mike, but I don't think I've used the ones I've got in 20 years! LOL!!

You know how it is..... You decide you want to try tying a certain fly 'cuz it looks cool..... Buy the required perfect size hooks, thread, 7 different materials that you'll need but don't have any of them from any of your previous attempts at other paterns..... Tie up 3 or 4 of the things..... And then never tie them again!

I had TONS of red squirrel tails from my hunting days!

That's not that bad JR. Years ago, my sister in law, who is a bit of a grunge type, was hanging out with some unsavory types. Well, there was a knock at the door, (the front door....that nobody uses). Well my father in law asked, "Who is it?" And this punk answers, "Fred Fu#%1N Flintstone!"

My father in law reached back and grabbed his 12 ga that sits in the front room, opened the door, put it under the punks chin and responded, "Yaba daba, fu#%!n doo then!"

Never saw him again.....wonder why? LOL

As for me, I never screw up. And just remember, if you think you saw me screw up....just remember, I NEVER screw up! Everything I do is deliberate and on purpose. It takes an absolute genius to act this stupid convincingly! LOL

I have put the lower unit out of my dads 225 motor...does that count?

T.S.

One of my classics happened last year.

Let me start by saying the way my basement is laid out.It has one big main room,one smaller room where my workshop is on one side,and another smaller room on the other side with washer/dryer,a toilet and a shower in it.each of the smaller rooms has a floor drain that connect together and run out to the sewer line.

Last year I noticed one day that the water was not draining,it was pooled up pretty good at the drains.Out came the snake,after snaking around for awhile the water puddle kept getting bigger.Time to break out the shop vac.I could not let the water get to the main room where it is carpeted.After sucking water and more snaking it seemed like everything was getting worse.

About the time I remembered those commercials for that drian "shooter" where it shoots a shot of compressed air into your drain and blows out the clog,I saw "180 mph blowing speed" on the side of the shop vac.Hey,it works on T.V,right?

I took the hose, it fit nice and tight into the drain,plugged it into the blow port on the shop vac,and hit the switch.It only took a second till I heard the wife screaming.When I ran into the other room I could not believe what I saw.Water dripping everywhere,from the ceiling,walls,EVERYWHERE! The toilet seat had gotten blown clean off of the toilet and was laying in the middle of the floor.

The thought never occured to me that what ever was plugging the drain would be alot stronger than the water laying in the drain pipes under the floor.

WHOOPS

P.s the wife had just left the room by seconds before "old faithful" or she probably would have strangled me.

That is a classic!!..LOL Who needs Tim Allen when we have Steve Rizza!! AARRR...arrr..AAR.....

.....oh my.....

All of a sudden, BJ, I'm starting to think.....

maybe kids aren't so bad!

Lawn tractor in the pool. I hit 4th gear instead of reverse, the rest is history. $50 for the wrecker $18 for new points. Nuthin' swims like a deer!

Gene

Latest posts

Back