Tilt and Trim???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEBRVET

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Yamaha 150. On the port side of the motor, there is some sort of screw mechanism. It looks like it is a lock for the tilt/trim??? I'll try and post a picture of it later today.

Is this some type of adjustment?
IMG_20210516_173100341.jpg

this is a bypass valve . when loosened it will allow the motor to raised without fighting the hydraulic cylinder. don't unscrew all the way. or over tighten.

Thanks. Mine might be overtightened as I can't loosen it at all. I asked because my tilt and trim is acting up on me. When fully raising the motor it operates fairly easy towards the top 2/3 rds of travel. But when lowering it, the last 15 or 20 degrees is very tight. Should I loosen the bypass valve a little? Might that help?

It sounds as if your trim reservoir could be low on fluid, the bypass screw could be siezed, or some other malfunction of the trim tilt assembly - more than likely mechanical or hydraulic failure. Get it fixed or you could get stranded on the water - not good! :oops:

Latest posts

Back