thru-hull transducer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike evans

Reaction score
I am getting ready to install a new Lowrance in dash depth finder. Should I remove the old transducer and mount the new one in the same place as the old one? It is a thru-hull mount and I want to make sure I get a good signal.

If you remove the old you will need to clean/sand/re-epoxy the new one in so there are NO air bubbles under the transducer or it won't read right.

I would remove it and replace. Generally you want the ducer as far back and on center as you can get it. a lot of times they just pop off with a little persuasion then you can sand it clean and re-epoxy like Trep said.

I'm fixing to do the same thing really soon. My Lowrances are coming out and Humminbirds are going in thier place with SI on the rear unit.

I replaced mine and left the old one where it was and put the new one next to it. I was afraid I would mess up the fiberglass by taking up the old one. After some gentle persuation and several good taps with a hammer and chisel and nothing budged, I left it.

If you are not going to need the older transducer I would remove it. Try placing a piece of wood against it and whacking the other end of the wood with a hammer. If you aren

Latest posts

Back