Throw away society

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
The anti-reverse on one of my Quantum spinning reels has gone AWOL. I contacted Quantum via email:

"I have a Quantum Classic Express CL10F for which the anti-reverse feature

has stopped working. I cannot be sure of the cause, but I think it is a one

way roller bearing on the shaft that is failing to engage. Can I get

replacement parts for this reel, or is there a service location I can send

it to?"

The one line response I received:

"Sorry this is a discontinued reel and parts are no longer available."

Hmm. Now, this is a $30 reel, so it's not a big deal. But it's a crying shame, because it is otherwise well made. Other than needing a little anti-reverse TLC, there is no reason it shouldn't last many more years. And since it's only 3 years old, you would think that parts wouldn't be a hassle.

Oh, well. Really liked these little reels. Hate that they have to be considered disposable.

This is how we will be owned by China. They are selling us a bunch of crap that is worthless after 5 yrs (or less), and are taking our money hand over fist.....and I'm participating....willingly.

We are too rich. We have become a rich, soft, over-pampered, wasteful bunch of children....and that's why the rest of the world hates us.

Rich, try these guys. They're the giants in reel repair. They'll probably have your part.

Harpo
http://southwesternparts.com/frames.asp

I was told the same thing by Zebco on a 10 year old reel when i called them that had a worn out drag and some other issues. Having nothing to lose I emailed them for their address and sent it to them with a note stating the problems and lo and behold it was sent back repaired. Cost me 30 bucks but the reel was over a 100 new so i was pleased.

You mean my Great Lakes "Whirlaway" rod and reel combo won't have parts when I need them!!!! What a shame.

fatrap

Contact Fisherman's Friend in Kannapolis, NC. They have all kinds of stuff. They may be able to help you.

Was in there getting my trolling motor repaired, and someone came in for some small part on an old reel, and they fixed him up. Cost about $.35.

They are great people.

Tex

Also give Connie a call at Lake Fork Tackle Repair. I had a buddy sent them a 20 year old Abu and they found parts for it, cleaned it, serviced it and it is better than new. Tell connie Toxic sent you.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back