Those boat items..... Check 'em!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Getting my boat ready for the upcoming tournament season, and I was rummaging through all my accessory boxes - important things like signal flares, tools, etc...

* My flares are expired. If inspected, I could have received a ticket. I replaced them.

* My extinguisher is ok. I've had one with a bad dial before - Almost got a ticket.

* My life jackets look ok - I inspected them for rips or damage. Either could get you a ticket.

* My throw cushion - same. It's good, but an inspectable item.

* Lights - All mine work, but I didn't have spare bulbs. Have to remedy that this weekend. Always carry spare bulbs. I actually cary a spare stern light, but I don't have a spare bow light. Might just get one of those instead of spare bulbs... but probably will have the spare bulbs onboard for fellow boaters at tournaments. I can't tell you how many times I've been approached at 5am and asked "Hey man... you wouldn't happen to have a spare bulb, would you?

* Spare fuses - I used my last spare fuse for my charger earlier this year. Have to get a few spares, just in case.

* Paddle - looks good.

* Spare prop, thrust washer, castle washer, and nut - along with a wrench to change it.

* Tools - had to go back through the box. I had used some screwdrivers this year, and failed to put them back in the boat. Shame, shame.... I know better. That's why I have seperate tools in my garage - so I don't remove the tools from my boat. Screwdrivers, wrenches, and sockets for every size fastener on my boat... especially a 3/4" for tightening / checking engine and jack plate bolts.

* First aid kit - band aids were looking kind of ratty - like they are deteriorating. Replacing those. Found my hook removal tool - where it shouldn't be. Put it back in the first aid box. Speaking of tools from above... I was missing a clean pair of side cutters that I normally keep in this kit for cutting hooks should I punch one through my skin - I remember the last time I used it - put a treble through my calf on the Potomac. Gotta find me a new pair of sharp side cutters and replace them.

* Helmet. Where the heck is my helmet? Gotta find that for the first tourny - it's gonna be chilly!

* Fish weigh bags. One looked new. The other looked... well, it doesn't matter - anything less than perfect, and I chunk 'em. Wouldn't want to bring in a huge sack and have a seam rip, only to see my tournament dreams flop overboard.

* Chemicals - Got Please Release Me (looks old - gonna replace it), Real Magic, Smelly Jelly, KNB, Off, and Bullfrog Gel.

* Line - Stern, Bow, Tow. Got em'. All look good.

* Cull Ropes - Two new sets for this season. Look great.

Check your supplies. Ensure your equipment is in good condition before going out at the beginning of this coming season. Be safe!

All the best,

Glenn

Glen - "going out at the beginning of this coming season" What is a season?? Dan and I are heading out in the AM for some stripers and spotted bass, like we say down south "Season? we don't need no stinking season!!!" LOL

Seriously great idea, and i'm sure Neeley will jump in soon with his list of what to carry in the boat when you get her ready!! LOL

"Season" - as in tournament season. I fish year round, but our tournament season is short due to summer heat.

All the best,

Glenn

my "season" is another 6+ months away!!! I am dying over here! lol

Me too Mini...got all winter to get all my little homey projects done.

Recarpet my deck extension, clean the carpet, magic eraser to a few of my seats, etc.

Got to get up there so we can put a hurtin' on them SM:cool:

I have fished the Lakes a few times...just not there and what better reason eh?:D

Glenn,

Thanks for posting this, there's some items there I haven't checked in years!

I'll definitely be checking all those in the months aheadwhile I wait for spring. Mike

Here ya go Trep.....

1 AAA battery

A bike inner tube

A spare change of underwear

6 postage stamps

A paper clip

2 turtle-doves

A hockey puck---regulation

3 jack-nuts

A copy of War and Peace

Wax Paper

Grass seed

Gynecologist's phone number

Spare blades for the mower

Silly Putty

4 boiled eggs

300 feet of parachute cord

Dr. Scholl's foot powder

100 lbs. of Ice....(buy it before you leave, you'll have cold water when you get there)

A wishbone from last Thanksgiving's turkey

Nair Hair remover

A vanilla scented candle

Baby-Wipes

Preparation-H...economy size

4 eyes-of-newt

Dried gizzard of lizard

9 chicken beaks

Parrafin Wax

VCR

Cordless Phone

Strawberry Jam

Tweezers

Paragoric

Castor Oil

2 mouse traps

cheese for the mouse traps

crackers for any leftover cheese that the mice don't eat

3 cats to chase the mice that the mouse traps don't get

cat food for the cats

soy sauce to cook the cats in if you don't catch fish to eat

nose hair clippers

Flow-Bee hair cutting kit

Picture of MAC to put by my bed at night

Picture of MINI to take in the shower with me

Soap for the shower

Loofah pad for the shower

Body gel....for the shower

Handcuffs

Key for the Handcuffs

SPARE key for the Handcuffs

Hack saw for the Handcuffs...if I lose the spare key

Feather Boa...1 each, pink, pastel blue, and magenta

Sewing needles

Owner's Manual for a '74 Harley

Eyebrow Shaver in case Rob show's up!!!

Bullhorn

Chopsticks....(for the cat marinated in soy sauce)

and.................TOOTHPASTE!!!!!!!

That's what i'm talking about Neeley!!

Jeeze Ken, add TP to the list for me PLEASE!!:lol::lol:...and possibly a tube of prep H if we have to make another one of "Those" runs across the lake again.

TOXIC

Hammer, the Prep H is not for you but for the CAT!!!!

Neeley, I use that list often, it will live on forever in internet infamy

Ok what I want to see is Teri show up for the first WBF tourney and ask her Pro partner, "Just want to make sure we are set for tomorrow, you got the following in your boat?" LOL

Glen - Thanks again for bringing this up, the boys and I hit BPS yesterday and among other things I picked up and did in the boat this morning :

1. New Bow Roller, my old one was cracked almost in HALF! Great investement of $5 and 10 mins!

2. Took my batteries out (Trolling needed some distilled water), rewired/tied/cleaned up my bildge wiring mess, makes is a LOT easier to get the batteries in/out, plus now I have space and ease of access to my portable ladder that is stored in the bildge area.

3. Wired my horn directly to the cranking battery (with a fuse of course) to ensure it is loud and clear!

4. Cleaned, checked and in some cases replaced the electrical connectors in my fuse box and at the batteries/accessories.

I'm ready to fish again!

So, Glenn, been through your boat lately???

Had to bring this one to the top for a bit.

Latest posts

Back