The verdict is in!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, there is some good news. The cardio doc signed my guide papers for me, but as of around Jan, I will not do any guiding for about 3-4 months after my open heart surgery. Apparently I have a lot of things in my favor. I'm young (27) in great shape, (5'9", 175lbs, blonde hair and blue eyes for the ladies that are opting for the chip n dale toon.) My heart has begun to swell from working so hard, but we caught it early. I have 2 surgerical options. One is a mechanical valve, the other the take my pulmonary, move it over and replace it with either a pig or cow valve. I just know I'm gonna get blasted for that LOL. But I think the mechanical is the best route. I have an appt with the surgeon soon. I guess my heart IS too big. I have been accused of being too giving but I never thought it would come to this. LOL The doc says I should rebound very quickly, but NO fishing for at least 3 months until the breast bone heals and all the nerves and muscle, (and ladies, there is a lot of it, Mac you think it's working? sensual or sympathy, I'll take what I can get, LOL) Where was I. Oh yeah I am going for Jan, so I won't miss any fishing or hunting. I just wouldn't be the same person if I lost a season. I know it sounds shallow, but fishing is a part of who I am. Almost had in the wedding vows. Well that's where it stands. Sorry so long
Rob
NYguide2539 "Once again!"

Oh man, Rob! You are alive! That's GREAT NEWS!!

Now...... I know your gonna be dreading the surgery for the next 7 months...... But look at me! I survived! And...... The women who come to the side of your bed in the hospital are incredible! Especially the nurses! Now, you're only 27 so you might not appreciate ANY woman under 30 holding your hand the way that I do at age 51 (or 42 when my surgery was done) but the nurses in ICU and the Cardiac Care Units are absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! Get ready for the time of your life! You are gonna be PAMPERED!!

me!

Rob, make sure you let that cardio guy know what knots you want tied when he's in there. Let him know if you are a palomar guy, a uni-knot guy, etc. Also, tell him you want flurocarbon, so as not to spook the fish when you get back on the water next spring.

Seriously, it's a lot to think about, but it sounds like you'll be fine. We'll be there with you in spirit when you go in.

Go out and enjoy the rest of the season, take good care of yourself and your family. Thirty or forty years from now, you'll be taking your grandkids for a dip in the lake and they'll be asking you what that line on your chest is, and you'll have to explain to them why they had these people called surgeons when you were young.

I tell 'em that the line on my chest is from having so many womyn breakin' my heart!

Sounds like things are going to be fine for you Rob. Thats great news! Just remember not to overdue it before and after your surgery. Your young and strong but remember, your human.

Take it easy and get lots of that good ole "Fishing Therapy". I know it always seems to cure what ails me thats for sure.....

Great fishing and God bless!

Johh K.

Rob,
Sounds like the doc has everything under control.Thanks for keeping us updated. Also, as for the ride on the toon, guess us ladies will just have to check you out and see if you are actual chipendale material. Do you have a deep dark tan? (Not just a fishermans tan!)
Barb

Barb, I only have the fisherman's tan. My wife won't let me tan anymore, since I had a scare with skin cancer last year. Gotta big ole scar on my right thigh from that one. I'm gonna look like frankenstein before long. LOL I'm sure not chipndale material. Too short. That was the other news yesterday. I have shrunk an inch in the last 5 years. I was 5'10", now I'm 5'8 1/2". Scott, we might look like father and son soon. LOL
Rob

Uh, Rob....... I hate ta tell ya....... But I think you're gonna haveta shrink one heck of a lot more to get to my size!

BUT - We will have matching chest-zippers come January!

me!

Latest posts

Back