Thanks for letting me come aboard! - Steve Chiolan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schiolan

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1992 15' Tracker Marine aluminum bass boat as a "Project Boat" to restore. May have bitten of alot more than I expected. Hoping to find information on things like OEM replacement helms, etc. Location is in NJ just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia.

Also have to replace the transom. Looking to do a liquid transom replacement there.

I want to repaint the entire bottom side of the boat.If anyone with good experience in doing it right can pass along thier approach and tips it would be really appreciated. I.E, strip all of the existing paint off, take off only what is loose, etc.

Boat will at times be used in salt / brackish war, but not left in the water after use. Bottom paint over main boat paint? No bottom paint at all? Boat will be kept on the trailer. Let me know!

Many Thanks,
Steve

Welcome, Steve. Sorry, I don't have answers, but hopefully, someone will be along soon.

I just purchased a 1992 15' Tracker Marine aluminum bass boat as a "Project Boat" to restore. May have bitten of alot more than I expected. Hoping to find information on things like OEM replacement helms, etc. Location is in NJ just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia.

Also have to replace the transom. Looking to do a liquid transom replacement there.

I want to repaint the entire bottom side of the boat.If anyone with good experience in doing it right can pass along thier approach and tips it would be really appreciated. I.E, strip all of the existing paint off, take off only what is loose, etc.

Boat will at times be used in salt / brackish war, but not left in the water after use. Bottom paint over main boat paint? No bottom paint at all? Boat will be kept on the trailer. Let me know!

Many Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
The helm that you can use is a Telaflex rotary style cable type . You will need the engine link arm for what ever motor you have. It would be best to remove all the paint down to the aluminum. Then you have to use a zinc chromate paint base coat lightly sand and then your top coat. You don't need any anti fouling bottom paint because you are not keeping the boat in the water 24-7 hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back