Texas State Bass Tournament

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Squyres

Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone else is fishing this tournament next weekend (28-29) at Lake Sam Rayburn in East Texas.

I fished it years ago on Amistad and it was really fun. Can't justify the expense to go all the way to Rayburn.

Understood tornado. I am splitting costs with a buddy and we found a nice place to stay right by the launch site for not much money. Most all the cost will be in gas...towing a boat 700 miles round trip will put a hurt on but the wife blessed the trip. We placed 20th last year in our first one so hopefully Rayburn is good to us.

Not I, but would certainly enjoy it. I have to get a line in the water. I've been dry docked far too long; but even so - need to do some bank fishing at a minimum.

Where I work now there are two lakes (large ponds) that NOBODY fishes in. I'm going to talk to security and see if I can come up on the weekend and fish them (catch and release).

Tex

Texas, that is fun fishing...where no one else has fished. When in college, there were a bunch of ranches around the school and one owner gave me permission to fish his pond. It was way overgrown and so not accessible. I cut a path to the pond and launched my homemade boat, a tractor inner tube with a piece of plywood attached to it. I caught more bass in the 2-5 lb range than I knew what to do with. Ahh, good times.

Latest posts

Back