Temp and Speed Add on

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave P

Reaction score
I have a 2002 pt 175 with a 128 tracker (huminbird 200dx) fish finder. Today is my Birthday so my gift to myself was a speed/temperature sensor add on. I need some advice on how to install this especially fishing the cable though the boat. I see that where the throttle is there is a removable panel and I guess I should take this off.

I also have a questing on mounting the sensor end, anyone have any tricks they could share with a decent fisherman but terrible mechanic!

I bought this boat in August and it

Congrat's on your birthday Dave!

Can't help with the cable snaking, I had the dealer do mine when I bought the boat (the temp sensor was free at that time) but they attached the sensor directly to the transducer cable with a standard cable tie and the sensor sits just above the transducer puck. Don't know how that will work with the Speed sensor as I assume that has to be in the flow of water.

Good luck, and if you can take pictures and have Rich post to the Grab Bag.

TrepMan

Thanks TrepMan, Hopefully the pictures I post won't be me in the hospital screwing this up! I had forgotten that Barry had e-mailed me back in August on how to do this so I should be ok. Thanks Barry!!

Trep Good luck fishing today!

Happy B-Day!

Use homewire....two or three strands on solid copper wire. I use it all the time....

Follow the directions on mounting the speed sensor....

Mini

Don't worry if you mess up the insurance company won't allow them to keep you in the hospital too long. Happy Birthday Dave and I agree, come on spring.

Bear

Just wanted to let everyone know that its in and it works!!The only trouble I had was getting the fish to round the corner on the transom. I ended up using a coat hanger to grab it and pull the last 2 feet through the wire feed opening. Once again thanks to Barry who took the time to send me a detailed e-mail.

Dave

Latest posts

Back