Targa Versatrack

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Rush

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tracker Targa 18 combo. Anyone have an idea of how to mount Downriggers using the versatrack mounting system. I made my own mounting brackets for rod holders, but have not figured a way to support the downrigger mounting plates on the gunnels using the versatrack

1/4" carrage bolts work in the track, that is how I mounted the rod holders. The downriggers mounts on top, and I was trying to figure out a way to mount them without drilling holes.

I'd have a machine shop bend me an "L" bracket out of .25" stainless. Invert the "L" to a "7" using the top as your mounting area for the downriggers and a piece of foam (or whatever type padding) as a cushion base against the rail. Line the part hanging down with your Versatrak and mark the track/bolt hole locations and drill out. Install the carriage bolts to affix the downrigger pad mounts in place. Remove bolts (I'd use wing nuts) to remove downriggers. Hope this makes sense. Good luck! ;)

I installed a anchor winch on the starboard rear gunnel. I removed the carpeted plywood on the side of the gunnel on top of the rear casting deck. It has a light in it, screws are embedded in carpet. I used a punch and lightly tapped around in carpet until I heard punch hit screw. Screws come right out, but don't completely remove them. Finding holes again if you remove them completely will drive you crazy. Once all screws are out plywood light and carpet all come out allowing access to underside of gunnel. I then drilled holes for my quick attach plate. I then made cross braces out of 1/8 aluminum and ran attach plate bolts thru that to distribute load under the gunnel.:)

Latest posts

Back