Targa V18 WT

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Heitman

Reaction score
I have ordered a 2012 Targa V18 WT with a Mercury 150 Fourstroke. It should arrive in a couple more weeks. I would like to use the front livewell as dry storage only. What is the best way to completely block off this livewell with no possibility of water leaking in? Also, I don't use live bait. Is there a way to block off the baitwell in the rear without affecting the operation of the big livewell in the rear? I would like to use that as dry storage as well. Or, maybe as a cooler. Thanks for your help! I'm new to this forum, but have found it very helpful!

My Baitwells sit about the waterline and are totally dry unless I pump water in them. I'd get some PVC pipe and a cap with some silicone sealer to do the livewell to seal it. Personally I'd never do it in the first place. I'd be very careful not to make it permanent. livewell lids aren't as tight as dry storage compartments so there's always a chance of water getting in due to rain etx. If anything sits above the waterline I'll stay dry What do you plan on doing with the pumps?

fatrap

Thanks for the ideas fatrap. I don't understand what you're suggesting I do with the PVC pipe and cap? Can't I just put plugs in the hull intake holes and pull the fuse for that pump so that it doesn't get accidently turned on? I thought I would just leave the pumps in place in case I change my mind later. Targa

I just purchased the same boat - and want to do the same thing. I think the plug in the bottom will be good enough. That drain runs to the bottom of the boat in the bow. I did not have the plug in the 1st time out and found a little water in the livewell. As for the bait well in the rear I found you can turn the spray nozzle close. Don't think this will hurt anything because the big livewell nozzle is open and it runs off the same pump.

Latest posts

Back