Targa gauge lights

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnoell9

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Targa 18 and I’m trying to put the gauge lights on a switch so I can see better when running at night. All of the lights seem to be daisy chained together but I am not sure which wire to cut to place the switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe they are on all the time. Light Blue. Can't see them during the day but they should be very visible in low light or darkness.

They do burn all the time. I’m trying to figure out how to cut them off at night so I’m not blinded by them.

Oh, Sorry, Misunderstood the question. I've never looked at the gauges but if I were trying to do what you're wanting to do, I would look at the backs of the gauges. If there are only two wires, I'd say it's wired internally to the gauge and impossible without taking the gauge apart to accomplish your mission. If there's a third wire, you may be in business by running that wire for each gauge through a switch.

I have a 2014 Targa 18 and I’m trying to put the gauge lights on a switch so I can see better when running at night. All of the lights seem to be daisy chained together but I am not sure which wire to cut to place the switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look at the back of the gages and take the first blue wire that goes from the wiring harness to the first gage and unplug it from the gage and wire it to a switch and back to the the gage. hope this helps

Latest posts

Back